I need a super capacitor.... But dam, not a lot of choices :(

2 minutes ago, Fish Chris said:

Yea, I already watched this vid. Honestly, I think those would work for my setup, except for cost. Also, it seems like a lot of the stuff I listen too, has more fast kick drums and such, than long continuous bass notes. Especially old school stuff... rock and such. Basically never does my clipping indicator just stay red on a long bass note (or should I say, I never push it hard enough to do that) but I do get the really fast little blips of red, always on kick drums and fast bass spikes.

Get a bank of caps.

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

I understand how caps work. As i said i have them. Ive had agm systems, old school lithium systems, and now building a new style lithium system (cmax). 3000+ watts is alot. If he is running a single alt then that alt is trying to run the car, run the system, and replenish the battery. That adds up quick.

All im saying is i wouldnt be trying to run a car and 3000+ watt system on a single AGM. Its too damn much for a single alt and batt.

Sitting around waiting to be installed:

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

20 minutes ago, Wishuponasub said:

I understand how caps work. As i said i have them. Ive had agm systems, old school lithium systems, and now building a new style lithium system (cmax). 3000+ watts is alot. If he is running a single alt then that alt is trying to run the car, run the system, and replenish the battery. That adds up quick.

All im saying is i wouldnt be trying to run a car and 3000+ watt system on a single AGM. Its too damn much for a single alt and batt.

My bad. I was explaining caps to the OP. I only quoted you because of you saying just get another agm. And he is running a h/o alternator that put out 335 amps at idle. At least that’s what he said. That and an extra battery and a bank of caps would suffice.

2 hours ago, Fish Chris said:

So I finally have a nice, strong alternator, which makes MORE than enough juice for my current system. And I have a pretty decent AGM battery, which, when considering I NEVER play my stereo with the truck not running, gives me plenty of storage too. The only issue I have left to deal with, is that I'm just not able to deliver bursts of juice "fast enough" :( I know this is a fact, as on quick kick drums and such, I get some of my dash lights flickering (not so much the headlights, but then again, those have been replaced with very low power consumption LED's, so I'm not sure those would flicker anyway) But also, the only flicks of red I get from my clipping indicator, is on those quick snappy bass notes. 

From what I have researched, I know I don't want an old school capacitor... like the 1 to 5 farad garbage, but rather a "super capacitor" or an "ultra capacitor". 

So about the only company I have found that makes something I trust, is Xs power.... and these are just too ef'ing expensive :( I mean maybe this would be in my price range (borderline) but is it really smaller than I need to match my system ? 

https://4xspower.com/shop/super-banks/12v-75-super-banks/sb75-20l/

Oh, my system info;

My alternator puts out 335 amps from idle, all the way up

my two amps are fuse rated at 90 amps, and 250 amps. 

Supposedly I'll be making about 3300 watts {but someone will surely chime in and say, because of A, B, C, X, Y, and Z, your only making 130 watts... or some stupid low number.... whatever}

I mean, would I really need one like this for a 3000wt system ?

https://4xspower.com/shop/super-banks/12v-500-super-banks/sb500-47/

Because $520 is just out of my price range.

Complicating matters, most of the choices I find (and their are not many) are Chinese crap.... and not available through Amazon Prime, meaning NO free returns, so that's out of the question too :( 

Seriously, WTF am I going to do with this ?

How many amp hours is your agm battery?

4 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

He’s running a h/o alternator that put out 335 amps at idle. At least that’s what he said. That and an extra battery and a bank of caps would suffice.

Exactly, and I can show you the birth sheet for that alternator. As for storage, I just never play the system with the truck not running.

So hey Giga, I just spoke with Matt, over at Limitless, and this item is actually not yet available, but supposed to be available really soon... Like next week. So, I told him Id get back to him within the next week, and was going to be ordering this bank as soon as it was available :) 

Oh but hey, re-reading your post... You still think an extra battery would help ? When ? How ? 

20 minutes ago, Wishuponasub said:

But if he has a small agm then I would just do what you said and get another agm. Let me find out. 

2 minutes ago, Fish Chris said:

Exactly, and I can show you the birth sheet for that alternator. As for storage, I just never play the system with the truck not running.

So hey Giga, I just spoke with Matt, over at Limitless, and this item is actually not yet available, but supposed to be available really soon... Like next week. So, I told him Id get back to him within the next week, and was going to be ordering this bank as soon as it was available :) 

Oh but hey, re-reading your post... You still think an extra battery would help ? When ? How ? 

Matt is cool as shit. Good dude. How many amp hours is your agm battery?

8 minutes ago, Fish Chris said:

But the draw might go into the reserve because trucks and SUV’s pull a lot of current by themselves and then with the system on top you have to have a good reserve just in case. That’s why I’m trying to figure out how many amp hours is you agm battery? But you should be good. It’s not like you go around listening to sine waves, right?

31 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

My bad. I was explaining caps to the OP. I only quoted you because of you saying just get another agm. And he is running a h/o alternator that put out 335 amps at idle. At least that’s what he said. That and an extra battery and a bank of caps would suffice.

I get it bud. No worries.

Sitting around waiting to be installed:

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

Archived