I need a super capacitor.... But dam, not a lot of choices :(

36 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

But the draw might go into the reserve because trucks and SUV’s pull a lot of current by themselves and then with the system on top you have to have a good reserve just in case. That’s why I’m trying to figure out how many amp hours is you agm battery? But you should be good. It’s not like you go around listening to sine waves, right?

75 amp hours 

https://www.samsclub.com/p/auto-group-65agm-36-mo-free/prod9070062?xid=pdp_carousel_rich-relevance.rr0_4

Keep in mind too, that for the last year, I have been using a $49 lead acid budget Everstart battery, that only had 60 amp hours.... and even that, could almost keep up.

9 minutes ago, Wishuponasub said:

335 amps at idle is insane. Im not saying its impossible im just saying i have never heard of it. That would be one hell of an alt.

Yea, I thought so too ! But I can really tell that's true, as it charges just about as strong at idle, as it does on the freeway.

BTW, when I first saw the birth sheet, I was thinking I had to be turning 2000 rpm's in my truck... and even on the freeway, that hardly ever happens, with the truck being geared so low. Then I found out that the alternator itself, because of the smaller pulley, turns at 300% the rate of my my motor RPM's  Cool ! :) Because I typically idle at about 675.... so that is 2000 RPM's for the alt.

alternator birth sheet.jpg

20 minutes ago, Fish Chris said:

Yea, I thought so too ! But I can really tell that's true, as it charges just about as strong at idle, as it does on the freeway.

BTW, when I first saw the birth sheet, I was thinking I had to be turning 2000 rpm's in my truck... and even on the freeway, that hardly ever happens, with the truck being geared so low. Then I found out that the alternator itself, because of the smaller pulley, turns at 300% the rate of my my motor RPM's  Cool ! :) Because I typically idle at about 675.... so that is 2000 RPM's for the alt.

alternator birth sheet.jpg

I would clamp it to see. I bet you it’s not doing them numbers. I’m not talking shit by any means, I’m just sayin. Just like power bastards says their alternators put out full amperage at 1200 rpms. That’s a negative on that one. Get a clamp meter and set it to dc current and put it on the runs coming from the alternator to the battery and you and buddy find out what that alternator really does. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

Either would help. Cap or batt. I just feel you are short on reserve which a batt would help more in my opinion. I feel you still will be short even with the cap bank so it would just add even more strain on the electrical system.

Sitting around waiting to be installed:

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

2 hours ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

I would clamp it to see. I bet you it’s not doing them numbers. I’m not talking shit by any means, I’m just sayin. Just like power bastards says their alternators put out full amperage at 1200 rpms. That’s a negative on that one. Get a clamp meter and set it to dc current and put it on the runs coming from the alternator to the battery and you and buddy find out what that alternator really does. 

Okay yeah, I know how those companies are, numbers equal sales so...

But hey, so my mono amp is fused for 250 amps, and my 4 ch is fused at 90 amps (3 x 30) 340 total. So I'm guessing I might be pulling 170-200 amps when really beating on the system. 

What's your guess ?

Now, let's say my alternator is only putting out 240..... 

What would extra reserve help me with ?

I mean, I guess I will see when I get my new sub, with half the resistance, if I'm still able to keep up. I'm guessing I will be able to. But if I have to get another battery I will.

Right now though, I know that I need the cap bank already, and will need it even more so, after the new lower resistance subwoofer.

5 hours ago, Wishuponasub said:

Either would help. Cap or batt. I just feel you are short on reserve which a batt would help more in my opinion. I feel you still will be short even with the cap bank so it would just add even more strain on the electrical system.

Now that I see the type of alternator, I would get an extra battery too. 

3 hours ago, fishchris1 said:

Okay yeah, I know how those companies are, numbers equal sales so...

But hey, so my mono amp is fused for 250 amps, and my 4 ch is fused at 90 amps (3 x 30) 340 total. So I'm guessing I might be pulling 170-200 amps when really beating on the system. 

What's your guess ?

Now, let's say my alternator is only putting out 240..... 

What would extra reserve help me with ?

I mean, I guess I will see when I get my new sub, with half the resistance, if I'm still able to keep up. I'm guessing I will be able to. But if I have to get another battery I will.

Right now though, I know that I need the cap bank already, and will need it even more so, after the new lower resistance subwoofer.

Get an extra battery and a bank of caps

19 hours ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

Now that I see the type of alternator, I would get an extra battery too. 

Get an extra battery and a bank of caps

Do you have a few hundred $$$ I can borrow ? 😀 Lol

Just really trying to save a few $ right now.

BTW, do you think adding a battery would help me "even just a little bit" with quicker bursts of juice, than running a single battery ? Because honestly, as it stands, I think my bigger issue is making juice "quick enough" rather than not having enough reserve..... But again, that could change when my power consumption goes up by 60-75%

Oh, and my new ZVX 18" is on the truck for delivery by 8pm tonight 🙂 Whoo hoo ! 

Then I just have to do the swap somehow, without my GF finding out 😉 lol

So it puts out 335 at any speed and it’s max output is 336?   Seems pretty fishy to me.

Sundown NSV4 18"  +  Sundown SALT-4 Baby

MechMan Elite 370a  +  XS3100 - XP3000

SHCA 1/0 OFC(blue+  SMD Fuse Holders(blue)

Pioneer AVH-2440NEX  SHCA Pro RCA 

7 minutes ago, Dragonsyph said:

Your graph only shows 336 amps at 2000rpm, that’s not idle, it shows about 100amps at 800 rpm which is pretty bad or am I reading this wrong?

It appears to be about that on the graph.

9 minutes ago, Dragonsyph said:

Your graph only shows 336 amps at 2000rpm, that’s not idle, it shows about 100amps at 800 rpm which is pretty bad or am I reading this wrong?

Your making the same mistake I first did. This alternator is equipped with a smaller pulley, so that 2000 rpm's of the alternator, is achieved with 667rpm's of the motor. Thankfully, as I almost never turn 2000 rpm's in my truck, other than when I'm romping on it, to get on the freeway, or to pass someone.

If you look close, there is a note on that page saying alternator rpm's are  typically 3:1 to motor RPM's.

Archived