I need a super capacitor.... But dam, not a lot of choices :(

9 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

Just return that alternator and hit up JS it brand x. One of them will make you an alternator for your vehicle. No matter the make, year or model. 

Lol I wouldn't even consider that. I'm really happy with this alternator so far. Of course if it failed prematurely, I'm might feel differently. 

Btw, I looked up the JS for my truck, and their 320 amp was $10 more.... Which is not a big deal. But honestly, had I got a JS, I'd have went with the 390 amp anyway, which was $110 more.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, fishchris1 said:

All I ever hear on the forum is Mechman... Mechman... Mechman....

Besides, you sound like you can hardly believe it puts out what they say it does, yet you say I could have gotten something better ? If you were to get proof that they were really that strong, would you still say I could have gotten something better, for cheaper ?

People use to just recommend mechman because they are very good but there’s a lot of applications they won’t take on and these other companies will. So they don’t scream mechman as loud as they use to. And I don’t believe it when it comes to them pro amp alternators. I know it’s a lie. Did you know legally, they can sell you a lie and not suffer any repercussions accept for bad feedback? Like I said, there is a gray area and people sell lies every day. Yes, you could of got something better for cheaper and got a free lifetime warranty. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

But come to think about dude, as long as you’re happy with it, that’s all that matters. I’m not trying to give you a hard time. I see you on here all the time and I’m just trying to put you in the right path because you’re one of us. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

4634/14.5v is not 336 amps 319.59 amps but i am sure there is something i am missing in the equation.

4634/336 amps is 13.79V there has to be something to this equation power isn't just coming from nowhere.

unless frequency comes into play?

edit we can't forget our friend under hood temps lowering output

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

2 hours ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

But come to think about dude, as long as you’re happy with it, that’s all that matters. I’m not trying to give you a hard time. I see you on here all the time and I’m just trying to put you in the right path because you’re one of us. 

Thanks bro. But yea, so far I'm really happy with this alternator. 

So, right after I made my last post, I checked and my new ZVX 18" had come in 😀 Whoop hoo ! So I had to run across town to my house to pick it up.

Then I had to do a quick swap before my GF got home 😀 lol

So I'm sitting here giving it... And the new amp a test run, and holy shites ! 

I'm really surprised that increasing my amperage draw by probably 70% made zero difference. I've beat it for 15 or 20 minutes, all different stuff and it hasn't dropped below 13.9. Now I know this is not a crazy high power system, but none the less, I'm pretty stoked with it 🙂

22 minutes ago, deathcards said:

4634/14.5v is not 336 amps 319.59 amps but i am sure there is something i am missing in the equation.

4634/336 amps is 13.79V there has to be something to this equation power isn't just coming from nowhere.

unless frequency comes into play?

edit we can't forget our friend under hood temps lowering output

Yes, I've wondered that too. I saw a quote from Mike Singer telling a guy not to worry about his voltage dropping to 13.7 or thereabouts, as the alternator was designed to put out full amps down to 12 volts.... But I was sitting there thinking, "Okay, but is 350 amps at 15 volts a LOT more power that 350 amps at 12 volts ? Isn't it ?

I dunno. But this is the first high powered "aftermarket alternator" I've ever had and so far, I'm really happy with it. But I know there are a lot of great ones out there.

Archived