Second Skin Audio

What woofer to put into Gatley Production Box ***

https://skyhighcaraudio.com/8-hnx-high-note-subwoofer/

$162 each right now. And put in B2_BANGER in the coupon section and get an extra 5%off. It seems to me, gately tends to test his boxes mostly with B2 subs, so I'm assuming you can't go wrong using B2 8's if a gately box is the way you want to go🤷‍♂️

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

25 minutes ago, gator1873 said:

sounds like I need to go back to college to figure out how to get some decent sound out of my jeep... I see an install shop in my future.

What kind of subwoofers and amps do you like and we can go from there and if what you like is crappy then we can come up with something else, but if not, then we can go from there and build you a system. What kind of car audio brands do you like and how much rms are you trying to use when it comes to the subwoofer amp?

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

2 minutes ago, Dafaseles said:

https://skyhighcaraudio.com/8-hnx-high-note-subwoofer/

$162 each right now. And put in B2_BANGER in the coupon section and get an extra 5%off. It seems to me, gately tends to test his vices l boxes mostly with B2 subs, so I'm assuming you can't go wrong if a gately box is the way you want to go🤷‍♂️

Yo, I just looked at the manual on them subwoofers and those are perfect for that enclosure. Kudos. For real. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

On 5/25/2020 at 3:26 AM, aculous said:

You could model it to figure that out. 

You build the box for the subs you are running usually not the other way around. But Gately's stuff is super nice so I get it. I would see what other people have run in that enclosure or maybe give them a call. I would bet they would be able to give you recommendations for using their product. 

I think meade demo'ed some B2s in that type of box. 

The thing is most beefy 8 inch subwoofers are looking for the same exact port area, same exact air space and same exact tuning

.75-1 per sub, 12-16 inches of port area per cube

I'm in the market for new 8 inch subwoofers because I tore apart one of these CT sounds the other day in the build quality I saw underneath that dust cap was fucking absolutely appalling and I refuse to run them in spite of them working or not I do not want that quality in my fucking car.

I'm looking at DC Audio 8 B2 audio 8 and I was actually even considering the sundown x8

CT sounds at least on the mezzo 8 in does not use solder to connect the fucking leads to the voice coil they literally had voice coil wire loop through the pencil lead folded over and then smacked into the epoxy channel that makes the joint between the cone in the voice coil former

I have pics if anybody is absolutely curious but I'm going to have to go through all my post and delete some other pics so I can have the allowable upload fucking space whatever that this website restricts us with

but know this I freaking wholeheartedly support a CT sounds the dude Bart was a great dude for customer service but I didn't go out to his attention and he sent it to the fieldhouse I can't deal with that shit

My text to speech got mangled above.

They looped the voice coil wire into the tinsel leads weave. Then folded it over like a twist tie. Then they smashed it into the wet epoxy that connects the former to the cone joint.

I just can't have the money spent on my install and the time everything you know that that is going on inside my subs

The 4 i have in here are working fine, one that I dissected was one that blew or stop working and there is nothing wrong with subwoofer at all and I took it apart it was just those leads inside their crack like there was a little piece in it disconnected itself like the wire itself just cracked but unfortunately because everything's mashed into the epoxy there is no lead for me to even try to reconnect because it's buried in the epoxy and it's hard as a rock and I can't even dig it out unless I fucking use a Dremel and it's just not fucking worth it because the pieces of shit and they have such an odd voice coil size 63 and some odd fucking millimeters no one has it I was told by two subwoofer builders salvage that coil no one has em

I have never seen b2 woofers, anywhere? can anyone speak on them has anyone actually owned any of these woofers, I know there is a promo video in a gately box but I would rather have some input from someone thats owned them and get honest input...

Archived