Second Skin Audio

What woofer to put into Gatley Production Box ***

Those B2’s are rated at 300RMS each, I’m sure they can handle more but still kinda low . Sundown X8’s are 800 each, what amp you running. Maybe look at SA line on Sundown.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

500 RMS each

70B61555-B87D-4534-B702-E240E81AF844.png

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

I don’t have an issue with B2 , just nobody runs them and if you go on there site they have 16 different product lines , way to confusing. I’m sure there great subs but if I’m going over seas for subs the Russians know what there doing.

On 5/24/2020 at 9:42 PM, gator1873 said:

I am thinking about buying the box below ( 2 8" 1.5cf Slot ported) , question is what woofers to put into this bad boy? Budget under $600 for the pair

https://gatelyaudio.com/collections/pre-fab-boxes/products/2-x-8-configuration-1-5cf

I would ask Bobby Gately. 

I know he builds amazing stuff, but it seems odd to me to build an enclosure, without having a specific sub to design it for ?

5 hours ago, Ron36 said:

Those B2’s are rated at 300RMS each, I’m sure they can handle more but still kinda low . Sundown X8’s are 800 each, what amp you running. Maybe look at SA line on Sundown.

Who has another line of subwoofers that is 600 RMS in the 8-inch version. I think it's called the M8

18 minutes ago, AaronT said:

Who has another line of subwoofers that is 600 RMS in the 8-inch version. I think it's called the M8

They won’t fit in his box, would be pretty tight they want 1 cube per sub

Them sundown sa8’s would work too. How much rms are you wanting to put on subwoofers? If we knew that, it would of got you an answer already. Because there are plenty of subwoofers that will work good with that enclosure. But to narrow it down, we need to know rms of the amp you have or the rms you are looking for when you get an amp. Have you ever ran a system before? If so, then you should know how much rms you want. Let us know. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

And is anybody going to tell him that it’s a bad idea to build a whole system around and based on an enclosure and that that’s a bad point to start at in a build? Somebody needs to tell him. I feel like he isn’t searching for help. I feel like he is just searching for suggestions. No disrespect intended to anybody, nor the OP. I was waiting because I didn’t wanna be the bearer of bad news to the guy but fugh it, I’ll be your huckleberry. Lol!

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

I’m waiting to see where this goes never seen anyone build a system like this , Good TV

Archived