2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 system upgrade

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A guy down the street from me was throwing these things away, figured I'd give them a try until my Rockville DBcomp4 amplifiers come in. Anyone ever heard of this company? Salt 4? I think the amplifier series is called the Sundown? 

20201102_202002.jpg

20201102_202617.jpg

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

9 hours ago, Dafaseles said:

A guy down the street from me was throwing these things away, figured I'd give them a try until my Rockville DBcomp4 amplifiers come in. Anyone ever heard of this company? Salt 4? I think the amplifier series is called the Sundown? 

20201102_202002.jpg

20201102_202617.jpg

5897w @ 1ohm 😲 and throwing away huh, love your jokes lol

‘16 ram. Net Audio. Taramps. JL. DS18.  Fox Acoustics. XS Power. 226.08” of DC Audio blue carbon fiber. 

I look thru your build log and wanted to say it's nice to see the process being done the way way you are. When your system comes together it will be very nice.  It takes time, patients, research and most of all $$$.

I spent one summer buying up $5k worth of stuff that still hasn't made it in.  Soon though!!!

Look forward to watching your progress. 

IMG_1653_zpsgxdaf9wh

I found the picture of everything i bought summer 2019.  At this point the car has been gutted since winter of 2018 for sound deadening treatment. spent close to $2500 on sound deadening materials.  Only large areas let are rear door that can be done at any time. I love music and this what it takes to have a good system imo.

8 minutes ago, bcbrassard said:

I look thru your build log and wanted to say it's nice to see the process being done the way way you are. When your system comes together it will be very nice.  It takes time, patients, research and most of all $$$.

I spent one summer buying up $5k worth of stuff that still hasn't made it in.  Soon though!!!

Look forward to watching your progress. 

All this patients is driving me nuts! But you're right. I bought those subs a year ago, thinking this isn't going to be a big deal. I joined this forum, learned some stuff, researched some stuff I learned which lead to more questions for research.... apparently I didn't know my subs from my asshole lol. So I'm going to take my time, plan everything out, and make sure I get the equipment that I wasn't the first time. I'm still a bit foggy on some things, but I've got time to learn. 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Archived