2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 system upgrade

3 minutes ago, bcbrassard said:

IMG_1653_zpsgxdaf9wh

I found the picture of everything i bought summer 2019.  At this point the car has been gutted since winter of 2018 for sound deadening treatment. spent close to $2500 on sound deadening materials.  Only large areas let are rear door that can be done at any time. I love music and this what it takes to have a good system imo.

Ooooooooooooo! WHAT'S IN THAT MOREL BOX! From what I could see in that picture, that's going to be one bad SQ build! Hell yeah! 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think your on the right path.  Been on this forum for close to 10 yrs. Love it, learned so much. I have also learned from 5 Star Audio, Car Audio Fabrication, but the next level learning is Peter from PS Sounds in the UK. Guys funny and has a shit ton to offer.

3 minutes ago, Dafaseles said:

Ooooooooooooo! WHAT'S IN THAT MOREL BOX! From what I could see in that picture, that's going to be one bad SQ build! Hell yeah! 

4" components for A-pillers. $600

IMG_1370_zpsen5vxxgg

They look like the are coax but they are called coincident speakers. Twt is build into the mid range and you have total control of both.  Advantage is all that sound is coming from on location. 

IMG_1378_zpscg15srmq

I have had a HU in car for 1.5 yrs testing and tuning as i go. AC to DC converter for power. speakers are well broken in and sound good. Hopefully way better in sealed pods.

16 minutes ago, bcbrassard said:

4" components for A-pillers. $600

IMG_1370_zpsen5vxxgg

They look like the are coax but they are called coincident speakers. Twt is build into the mid range and you have total control of both.  Advantage is all that sound is coming from on location. 

That makes me drool! 

• 2 weeks later...

Got some more goodies. Slowly chipping away at the shopping list. No, my daughter's hand will not be used in the installation of my system lol. 

On another note, I just want to say how satisfied I am with ordering from Sky High Car Audio. I ordered this stuff on Wednesday! Veterans day. Didn't think anything of it on Thursday, and it comes on Friday. They've always responded if I have a question, everything I've ordered from them has come meticulously packed, and it's always been quick, quick, quick! I understand everyone has their preference and different experiences with everything, but just talking about my experiences, SHCA has over performed in my opinion. Granted, I've only ordered from there 3 times, but I've gotten the same results all three times. Not trying to dick ride, just giving credit where I think credit is due

20201113_163045.jpg

58 minutes ago, Dafaseles said:

Got some more goodies. Slowly chipping away at the shopping list. No, my daughter's hand will not be used in the installation of my system lol. 

On another note, I just want to say how satisfied I am with ordering from Sky High Car Audio. I ordered this stuff on Wednesday! Veterans day. Didn't think anything of it on Thursday, and it comes on Friday. They've always responded if I have a question, everything I've ordered from them has come meticulously packed, and it's always been quick, quick, quick! I understand everyone has their preference and different experiences with everything, but just talking about my experiences, SHCA has over performed in my opinion. Granted, I've only ordered from there 3 times, but I've gotten the same results all three times. Not trying to dick ride, just giving credit where I think credit is due

20201113_163045.jpg

Siiiicckkk!! When are you going actually start “building”? And just curious, on the 2-1 blocks, are those posts long enough to bottom out in the amp like us taramps guys can’t do unless we get pieces from Jim’s??

‘16 ram. Net Audio. Taramps. JL. DS18.  Fox Acoustics. XS Power. 226.08” of DC Audio blue carbon fiber. 

1 hour ago, JakeW said:

Siiiicckkk!! When are you going actually start “building”? And just curious, on the 2-1 blocks, are those posts long enough to bottom out in the amp like us taramps guys can’t do unless we get pieces from Jim’s??

1 hour ago, bcbrassard said:

Those are some good equipment there!  No really get started.

So, what's left on the agenda is 8 8" Sundown neo pro v.3's, 8 Sundown SA V.2 silk dome tweeters, 3 sets of 20' knukoncepts RCA's, 2 sets of 3' knukoncepts RCA's, 3 sets of RCA splitters for the 4 channels, 30' of knukoncepts 4/0 cable and to figure out where I'm going to get ring terminals that big, an OM1-TM1-VM1 combo pack, Full Tilt 8 awg and 12 awg OFC speaker wire, a hydraulic crimper, cable cutters, 40 square feet of NVX sound deadener, a cut sheet and plans, an accordion boot (I'm guessing about 6 or 7 feet) and I'm sure I'm missing something..... and on top of all that I need to figure out how I'm going to get a truck with 2 dead batteries to go get a shell put on. Any suggestions? 🤣

And I haven't even taken the old setup out yet. That should be fun! Lol

And when I get a chance, I'll stick one of those reducers on and see how they fit. 

Hey @bcbrassard, I wanted to ask you since you're doing an SQ build...

I'm planning on going with the Sundown neo v3's for my 8" midrange speakers because Sundown says they get a really nice, warm sound. That's what I'm looking for in a midrange. A nice, warm, not overpowering or screaming sound. Though yeah, the manufacturer isn't going to tell you they sound like shit lol. I've never heard them myself. 

I wanted to ask if you had any recommendations on 8" pro audio midrange speakers that can handle 200 watts or more from an SQ standpoint that aren't $800 a piece? 

Archived