2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 system upgrade

That’s not weird. That why I have a dual bass knob. On speaker amps you just have to use 4 y splitters (1 male to 2 female). Match prong colors rather than match prong channels, if that makes sense. And them silk dome tweeters would work at that amount of rms is sufficient and if placement is good.

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

That’s not weird. That why I have a dual bass knob. On speaker amps you just have to use 4 y splitters (1 male to 2 female). Match prong colors rather than match prong channels, if that makes sense. And them silk dome tweeters would work at that amount of rms is sufficient and if placement is good.

So, what's your opinion on tweeters? Looking around, I found these. 

https://www.parts-express.com/dynavox-td2801xl-1-1-8-silk-dome-tweeter--275-200

https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/scanspeak-soft-dome-tweeters/scanspeak-discovery-d2606/9220-1-textile-dome-tweeter/

Unless you've got a better idea of course. That S4 says 220 watts per channel at 2 ohm and 140 per channel at 4 ohm. So I figured the tweeter had to be at least 100 watt rms unless I use 4 ohm tweets, in which case they'd have to be more. Maybe I'm overthinking this

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

These are 4 ohms and the one's I use. I currently have them on a SSA IC150.4. Gains all the way down. 

Just another option to check out. I loved them, selling them to a friend since I upgraded to some Stevens Audio HLCD horns.

https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/ring-radiator-tweeters/sb-acoustics-sb29rdcn-c000-4-neo-magnet-ring-dome-tweeter/

Nav-TV Zen V Audio Interface

AudioControl DM-608

(2) Stevens Audio Neo-Comp Full-Size Horns

(4) Faital Pro 6PR160 6.5"

AudioControl LC-6.1200

(1) Fi Neo 4.7 15" D2 in 3.74 Cubic Feet @ 27.70 Hz

Ampere Audio AA3800.1

Odyssey ODP-AGM48 Battery (Starting)

Odyssey ODX-AGM31 Battery (Trunk)

Big 3 - 2\0 Welding Cable, KnuKonceptz Speaker Wire & 1/0 Power Cable, NVX RCAs, Second Skin (Speaker Tweaker Pads, Damplifier Pro Mat), Diode Dynamics LEDs

1 hour ago, jcarter1885 said:

These are 4 ohms and the one's I use. I currently have them on a SSA IC150.4. Gains all the way down. 

Just another option to check out. I loved them, selling them to a friend since I upgraded to some Stevens Audio HLCD horns.

https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/ring-radiator-tweeters/sb-acoustics-sb29rdcn-c000-4-neo-magnet-ring-dome-tweeter/

I was looking at those too. The SB Acoustics stuff looks like some good stuff! I just wish those particular ones where 8 ohm. I fear at only 100 watts rms, I'll end up blowing them 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

34 minutes ago, Dafaseles said:

I was looking at those too. The SB Acoustics stuff looks like some good stuff! I just wish those particular ones where 8 ohm. I fear at only 100 watts rms, I'll end up blowing them 

Thats how I felt before putting them on my amp that does 150w at 4ohms. But you can always control that, with the gains down they still over power my mids.

Nav-TV Zen V Audio Interface

AudioControl DM-608

(2) Stevens Audio Neo-Comp Full-Size Horns

(4) Faital Pro 6PR160 6.5"

AudioControl LC-6.1200

(1) Fi Neo 4.7 15" D2 in 3.74 Cubic Feet @ 27.70 Hz

Ampere Audio AA3800.1

Odyssey ODP-AGM48 Battery (Starting)

Odyssey ODX-AGM31 Battery (Trunk)

Big 3 - 2\0 Welding Cable, KnuKonceptz Speaker Wire & 1/0 Power Cable, NVX RCAs, Second Skin (Speaker Tweaker Pads, Damplifier Pro Mat), Diode Dynamics LEDs

Both them tweeters you are looking at are almost the same. The only difference is the fabric on the dome. One is silk and one is textile with unlisted fabric. So the only difference is how the sound breaks up. Unless that textile is silk weaved. Then them tweeters are the same. Basically, textile means woven fabric.

Just now, jcarter1885 said:

Thats how I felt before putting them on my amp that does 150w at 4ohms. But you can always control that, with the gains down they still over power my mids.

Those tweeters are 3 ohms. So that would be fine on that amp you have.

6 minutes ago, jcarter1885 said:

I do like that them tweeters are neo and have a dome constructed like that. Those would sound good. But I wish I knew the material of the fabric so I could know more about the sound.

Archived