2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 system upgrade

8 minutes ago, Dafaseles said:

You're not wrong lol. It's driving me crazy! 

Your gonna feel like your in heaven sitting on a rumbling cloud

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Knukoncept Krystal kable rca's

0 ga knukoncept kolossus wire 

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

8g karma ss speaker wire

Sundown sia 3500d at 1ohm

2 Sundown U series 12's

Duralast platinum agm H7 (Main)

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, I couldn't wait until the weekend to work.... so I brought my sander and some sand paper to work with me to get some done at lunch. 

This is the baffle for the tweeters. What do you guys think? Think it'll work? It's got a little roundness to the 4 edges and it's pissing me off, but what do you guys think? 20210831_125522.thumb.jpg.009f56b3d66a0aaa69f923e461b72db2.jpgman, that's annoying! Lol. 

I don't think i told you guys my plan. So I'm going to use 2 of these to mount the tweeters and 8's (these are just the tweeters). Then the other 2, I'm going to use to cut rings out. So basically cut the middle out and have a nice 1/2" ring. I'm going to wrap the ring with a steel speaker grill. So you won't see the ring anymore, just the top and the edges will be speaker grill. Then, when I get a router, I'm going to cut a 1/2" channel, 1/8" deep for the speaker grill ring to sort of snap into. Then I'll drill a bunch of little magnets into the channel to grasp the speaker grill and hold it in place

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Looks good if u don't like the rounding shave it off or just make it part of the design 

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

8g karma ss speaker wire

2 Sundown U series 12's

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt

3 hours ago, Never Enough Bass said:

Looks good if u don't like the rounding shave it off or just make it part of the design 

I was trying to make all of them perfectly flat... but failed 🤣

1 minute ago, Dafaseles said:

I was trying to make all of them perfectly flat... but failed 🤣

It happens

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

8g karma ss speaker wire

2 Sundown U series 12's

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt

1 minute ago, Dafaseles said:

How does this look for the tweeters? 

20210905_152455.jpg

Looks good!  Are you going to pull felt over the MDF when you start the glass/body work on the door panels or lay in chop mat and go to town with bondo glass / body fililer?

1 hour ago, Arthur79 said:

Looks good!  Are you going to pull felt over the MDF when you start the glass/body work on the door panels or lay in chop mat and go to town with bondo glass / body fililer?

I'm going the easy route and using felt, a short strand fiberglass concoction (it has kind of a chop mat in it already), then bondo. I want to find a way to wrap the 8's in vinyl, and paint the rest, but I don't know how to make the vinyl look like it's supposed to, like with a seam where it ends type deal. I don't know if I'm explaining what I mean very well. 

Looks real good can't wait to see the finished product

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

8g karma ss speaker wire

2 Sundown U series 12's

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt

On 6/4/2020 at 9:19 AM, Dafaseles said:

Got my power wire. 300' of Full Tilt Audio 1/0 tinged ofc and a butt load of o- rings and heat shrink. I kind of screwed up on my quest to get the best deal on equipment without cutting too many corners. Full Tilt was having a sale on their wire. So I did the math. Ok,I need 300'.... holy crap! 4 rolls of 50' is $200 cheaper than even using welding wire! I've got to jump on this! Later, while cooking dinner, I realized....4 50'rolls..... damnit! That's only 200'. I had to order 2 more rolls. It ended up being $200 more than even using SHCA wire. Oh well. It's here. And if you believe what you read on social media, apparently someone did a 3rd party conductivity test of a bunch of different 1/0 brands and Full Tilt came in second behind JY wire. Even if it's not true, it'll still work. I'm just excited to be one step closer to getting this system in the truck

20200603_170854.jpg

You’re picking up some quality stuff!! Those subs gotta sweet motor on em and the cone looks cool too. You’ll nail the build!!

Archived