2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 system upgrade

1 hour ago, killerc998 said:

How's this thing coming?

Still very slowly. I wanted to get some actual progress done before I started posting on it again. The sub box is about half done. The doors.... well....I decided to junk the latest attempt and try again lol. So that's back to step 1. I'm still working on it, though I only get about 4 hours a week to actually get my hands dirty. I promise to update this build log once I get something done. 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/22/2022 at 1:22 AM, Dafaseles said:

Still very slowly. I wanted to get some actual progress done before I started posting on it again. The sub box is about half done. The doors.... well....I decided to junk the latest attempt and try again lol. So that's back to step 1. I'm still working on it, though I only get about 4 hours a week to actually get my hands dirty. I promise to update this build log once I get something done. 

Glad to see your still working on it can't wait 2 see the finished product I'm starting over the charger took a shit so I have a equinox now and I'm just throwing the charger stuff in it for now till I can build something that fits this car

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Knukoncept Krystal kable rca's

0 ga knukoncept kolossus wire 

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

8g karma ss speaker wire

Sundown sia 3500d at 1ohm

2 Sundown U series 12's

Duralast platinum agm H7 (Main)

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt

7 hours ago, Never Enough Bass said:

Glad to see your still working on it can't wait 2 see the finished product I'm starting over the charger took a shit so I have a equinox now and I'm just throwing the charger stuff in it for now till I can build something that fits this car

I just did a 2 15's 4th order wall in a GMC Terrain. I have a build thread on here on it. The electrical on that thing was an F'n nightmare! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/21/2021 at 2:15 PM, Dafaseles said:

Well that was a pain in the ass to assemble 20211121_135847.thumb.jpg.621108e5ddc52557394cee88f439b1e0.jpgyes, those are my daughters barbies underneath it lol. She was using it as a house for them. CLEAR OUT BARBIE! TIME TO GET BUSY! 

should have cut a 3/4 hole in a 2 x 2 sheet of ply , then bolted your router to it , that's what i did  and it work perfectly !! cost $ 12.00 

14 hours ago, 02Blazer said:

get back to work .... 😁

I am lol.  It's just slow going. I'm going to post pictures soon, but I have the box assembled, and hole cut in my cab for the port.  

10 hours ago, Dafaseles said:

I am lol.  It's just slow going. I'm going to post pictures soon, but I have the box assembled, and hole cut in my cab for the port.  

i guess i'm not one to talk ! i've been working on my blazer for the last 3 years !!! still have to get the head unit installed , run 2 runs of power wires to back , assemble my Headway bank , wire everything up and a few other things 😝 

12 hours ago, 02Blazer said:

are you re-enforcing the cab wall ?

This thing is going to be so packed with water proofing, that'll probably be enough reinforcement lol. 

It's all pretty solid though, even with the hole. Maybe I should take it for a drive and see how it holds up. 

12 hours ago, 02Blazer said:

i guess i'm not one to talk ! i've been working on my blazer for the last 3 years !!! still have to get the head unit installed , run 2 runs of power wires to back , assemble my Headway bank , wire everything up and a few other things 😝 

Still a lot further along than I am 🤣

10 hours ago, Dafaseles said:

This thing is going to be so packed with water proofing, that'll probably be enough reinforcement lol. 

It's all pretty solid though, even with the hole. Maybe I should take it for a drive and see how it holds up. 

Still a lot further along than I am 🤣

still more deadening for the doors , already deadened the roof with 2 layers of 190 mil Vibraflex for the front of roof and 1/2'' MDF for the rest of the roof , that was the biggest obstacle , now just waiting on Black Friday sale to pick up ANOTHER 4 channel amp ( already have 3 still new , 2 in the box cause i changed my mind ) so this 4 channel i'm getting is gonna BE IT ! anyhow , post some pics of what you've done in a recap , and stuff you're still needing to be done 😉

you will want to re-enforce that cab wall , at least wall it up with some MDF and PL-MAX ! that cab wall will be flexing with so much structure cut out , best to do it now before final install .

Archived