Newbi, battery and alt question

https://skyhighcaraudio.com/full-throttle-ft680-48-group-48/     $268.49

That's the cheapest group 48 battery I could find. I think you'd get better help from the forum if you could be a little more specific with what you need. What are your electrical demands? Are you looking for just an oem replacement? What kind of output are you looking for from your alternator? 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

5 hours ago, gator1873 said:

Can anyone point me in the direction of best priced alt upgrade and battery upgrade for 2017 jeep unlimited 4 door 3.6

375 bucks for a battery seems high!

I look forward to your input...

If that enclosure is what you’re gonna build your system around, which I strongly recommend not doing, then you won’t be pulling enough current to need an upgraded alternator. Just add a second battery in the rear. No need to replace the one under the hood right now, just add another one. The more, the better. More reserve. Then in the future you can replace the battery under the hood and maybe upgrade your alternator once you figure out that small enclosure can’t hold big 8” subwoofers that can handle a lot of rms and get a bigger enclosure with stronger subwoofers and a bigger amp. So with that enclosure, there’s no need for an upgrade alternator, just add another battery. Don’t waste your money since you are set on that enclosure which I don’t understand why nobody has told you it’s a bad idea to build a whole system around an enclosure. But whatever. I’m not trying to talk bad to you or disrespect you, by any means. I just am trying to get your head in the right place. You should just pick some big 8” subwoofers that can handle a lot of rms and then put a good size amp of them and then worry about an enclosure that suits the subwoofers and amount of rms the amp puts to the subwoofers. Then attend to the mids and highs so the bass doesn’t muffle them out. Then upgrade your electrical system in your vehicle based on the amp(s). Much love dude and I hope you get your head in the game and get to bumpin like a boss. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

Archived