Sonic Electronix

amp to push 4 hiq 6.5 woofers

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your already on the site.

B6D07F09-19DF-44F3-A5A0-BD119875F605.png

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_34282_SHURiKEN-SK-BT140.html

get one of these. My homeboy was using one these batteries on a stock alternator and running a Rockford t1500bdcp and a Rockford prime 400-4d and he wouldn’t drop below 14v, even on idle. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

Do a big 3 upgrade under your hood with 1/0 gauge and run 1/0 gauge to the rear where the extra battery is at and then ground the battery with 1/0 gauge and run of 4 gauge from the battery to the md1800 and one 8 gauge run from the battery to the Ampere 75.4. 

2 hours ago, gator1873 said:

I will need another battery after upgrading to XS Power D4800 AGM Battery under the hood with upgraded alt etc.

Even if you upgrade that battery under the hood, that’s not gonna be enough to hold you over. Just get that second battery and that will hold you over until you upgrade the battery under the hood and the alternator. To be honest, if them amps are all you’re planning on running then you should either buy a second battery or around a 240-270 amp alternator. The alternator would be the best route. Both that battery and alternator are the same price if you get the alternator from JS alternator or brand x alternator. Brand x can only be contacted on Facebook, but they are legit and well known, so no worries. Upgrading the battery under your hood to hold you over on that system is the worse idea. You can invest that money in an alternator that would only cost you like $350 or less. Running just a d4800 isn’t enough. Why wouldn’t you add to, instead of replacing? That doesn’t make sense. That d4800 is only 74 amp hours. I’m recommending a 240-270 amp alternator or a 140 amp hour battery, preferably the alternator, then upgrade that under the hood battery for a little more reserve and be done with it. But get the alternator first and then get that d4800 afterwards. That’s my recommendation. And remember, an alternator is the most important part of a vehicles electrical system and a battery is just for extra reserve if the alternator can’t put out enough and a battery starts the vehicle and the alternator takes over. So as long as you’re not playing music with the vehicles engine not turned on or pulling more amperage than the alternator can produce then batteries are not needed for a system. The reason people see voltage not drop as much when they add a battery is because before that battery was added, the amp(s) were pulling more current than the alternator could feed, thus the voltage dropped. And a big 3 upgrade helps because it upgrades the battery charging and current flow because that factory wiring is only meant for factory current feed. 

As stated before, I have already purchased a JS alternator, its on its way buying battery in the next 24 hours, and doing a complete big 3 upgrade. after all that my main question was with the big three upgrade running just the two amps, would I need a secondary battery. Yes or No

Archived