Second Skin Audio

Plz help on box design

Hey guys, I've been thinking a lot about my build and here's what I'm thinking. It's a 2003 Chevy S10 Xtreme ext.cab and subs are two 15" FI SP4's v1. I'm thinking of doing a 4th order box, not walling it so that's why I need help. What size box, port size, running, and placement of port, up, forward, or side? I'm running 7 k amp power and good electrical. Any advice, suggestions, and help would be fantastic cause I am lost. 

1 hour ago, jessdabest77 said:

Hey guys, I've been thinking a lot about my build and here's what I'm thinking. It's a 2003 Chevy S10 Xtreme ext.cab and subs are two 15" FI SP4's v1. I'm thinking of doing a 4th order box, not walling it so that's why I need help. What size box, port size, running, and placement of port, up, forward, or side? I'm running 7 k amp power and good electrical. Any advice, suggestions, and help would be fantastic cause I am lost. 

2-3.5 factory recommended sealed per 15” woofer. Even though that’s not what you’ll end up at lets humor it and say you end up at 3 sealed per 15. 6 sealed side with even a 1:1 ratio is 12 cubic internal volume! Not to mention bracing, ports, etc....

My suggestion to you is to learn winisd then graduate to hornresp. Until then build a ported box with tons of port sub up port back. 

He isn’t going to be able to do subs up port back in that truck .... depending on how tall he is he might not even be able to do subs up.. I can’t remember what me and my friends measurements where in that exact truck 

8 hours ago, CstrokerV said:

He isn’t going to be able to do subs up port back in that truck .... depending on how tall he is he might not even be able to do subs up.. I can’t remember what me and my friends measurements where in that exact truck 

Thought it was an suv 😂 whoops 

@jessdabest77 what dimensions do you have to work with ? 

On a 4th order enclosure you would have to put the enclosure in the bed and cut a hole in the metal between the cab and the bed to make a blow through. I’d get a cap wielded on too. I’ve seen people use marine grade plywood with no cap, but I wouldn’t recommend it. But I can design you an enclosure subs up, port side that will put in some work and make you happy. Or you could do port up too because it’s such a small cab. Either or. But I want you to know, Sp4s do REALLY WELL in a 4th order enclosure. I can design you a 4th order enclosure if you decide to do some cutting and buy a cap and you don’t necessarily have to wield. Caps aren’t cheap either. I’d do a slot port if you decide on a regular bass reflex enclosure. Port side of enough room, but if not, then port up. Subs up on both designs. I can do it. Just let me know. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

If he’s around 6 foot he isn’t going to be able to do subs up and be comfortable driving... I’ll ask my friend if he remembers the depth after he adjusted the seats pretty sure it was only like 13 to 14 “ 

5 minutes ago, CstrokerV said:

If he’s around 6 foot he isn’t going to be able to do subs up and be comfortable driving... I’ll ask my friend if he remembers the depth after he adjusted the seats pretty sure it was only like 13 to 14 “ 

Man that sucks. 

12 minutes ago, CstrokerV said:

Them subwoofers have an 11” depth and no vent pole. I might be able to design a wall, subs forward, port side. Maybe. I need exact measurements. 

Archived