Second Skin Audio

Plz help on box design

13 hours ago, jessdabest77 said:

Hey guys, I've been thinking a lot about my build and here's what I'm thinking. It's a 2003 Chevy S10 Xtreme ext.cab and subs are two 15" FI SP4's v1. I'm thinking of doing a 4th order box, not walling it so that's why I need help. What size box, port size, running, and placement of port, up, forward, or side? I'm running 7 k amp power and good electrical. Any advice, suggestions, and help would be fantastic cause I am lost. 

Measurements of available area for enclosure?

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

Them subwoofers have an 11” depth and no vent pole. I might be able to design a wall, subs forward, port side. Maybe. I need exact measurements. 

He doesn’t want a wall he should be still be able to do subs forward and vent side under window line 

Hey guys,ok so I did a rough measurements and got 46" wide x 17" depth x 22" height. I might be able to gain a few inches in width if I remove 3rd seat which I wouldn't mind doing,cause it won't be needed anyhow. The 4th order does sound really good but if I went that route I'd do some type of wall instead of cut through. If perhaps I can see both types of designs that would help me in decide  what I can do. If I can get this to be able to play real low and get loud,I'd be more than happy.Thanks for all the help

1 hour ago, jessdabest77 said:

Hey guys,ok so I did a rough measurements and got 46" wide x 17" depth x 22" height. I might be able to gain a few inches in width if I remove 3rd seat which I wouldn't mind doing,cause it won't be needed anyhow. The 4th order does sound really good but if I went that route I'd do some type of wall instead of cut through. If perhaps I can see both types of designs that would help me in decide  what I can do. If I can get this to be able to play real low and get loud,I'd be more than happy.Thanks for all the help

With those measurements you get about 10 gross cubic feet. That does not account for the thickness of material, double baffles, bracing, subs, port, etc. If you want to have a box without a wall you have to go to just a ported box. If you are willing to do a wall you could probably fit in a small 4th order

1 hour ago, jessdabest77 said:

I’ll design you one after I get some rest. You might have to remove the front seats just to get the enclosure in and then put the front seats back on. I’ll know more once I start designing. 

28 minutes ago, Joshdashef said:

With those measurements you get about 10 gross cubic feet. That does not account for the thickness of material, double baffles, bracing, subs, port, etc. If you want to have a box without a wall you have to go to just a ported box. If you are willing to do a wall you could probably fit in a small 4th order

He won’t be able to run a 4th order enclosure in that cab. Not even a 1:1 ratio. 

6 hours ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

He won’t be able to run a 4th order enclosure in that cab. Not even a 1:1 ratio. 

if he walls it he should be able to do a forth those measurements are under window line

10 hours ago, jessdabest77 said:

Did you measure the height from floor to ceiling? If not, then I need that measurement. 

Archived