Second Skin Audio

Plz help on box design

4 hours ago, jessdabest77 said:

Ok, if I go all the way up to ceiling from floor, I get 35". Same width and depth. Now if I can see both design's. Perhaps 4th ordered. But I'd like to see ported and 4th and your thoughts and suggestions would be great. I appreciate your help and knowledge. 

I’m not doing 2 designs for free. I’ll design you a 4th order enclosure or a regular enclosure. I thought the width was 46” and depth was 17”? How is it the same? I’m not following. Explain. The measurements I have right now are 46” in width, 17” in length and 35” in height. Correct? I need exact measurements. I have to double check before I start. And which kind of enclosure do you want? Because I can’t design 2 for free, I design 1 out of kindness and being helpful but it takes a while and I like to help but too much is unnecessary unless I’m paid before. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

I do understand time is money and I appreciate any help I can get. I guess I'll just stick with the ported box with measurements of 22 " Height x 17" Depth x 46" Wide meaning from passenger side to driver side. My main goal has always been to play low and loud, much respect and thanks. 

13 minutes ago, jessdabest77 said:

I do understand time is money and I appreciate any help I can get. I guess I'll just stick with the ported box with measurements of 22 " Height x 17" Depth x 46" Wide meaning from passenger side to driver side. My main goal has always been to play low and loud, much respect and thanks. 

I need the whole width of the rear of cab. Not just seat to seat. I need the whole interior width. I have to factor that in for port reasons. Plus I need you to position your seat the way you usually sit and measure from the furthest point back of the seat of to the back of the cab wall so I know true depth. But I will also keep the enclosure as close to desired measurements. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

The measurements are perfect for my seat comfortable to drive and 46 " Is the complete width and height is correct for roof or 22" Height if under back window or 35" To headliner. So, 46" W x 17" D x 22" H or 35" If doing 4th order. And lastly just to play low and loud. I started thinking if I did a 4th order where would the port be up top middle or bottom and how. Sorry for thousands of questions but I was hoping this site was for us who love car audio and help everyone and everyone come as one. 

4 minutes ago, jessdabest77 said:

The measurements are perfect for my seat comfortable to drive and 46 " Is the complete width and height is correct for roof or 22" Height if under back window or 35" To headliner. So, 46" W x 17" D x 22" H or 35" If doing 4th order. And lastly just to play low and loud. I started thinking if I did a 4th order where would the port be up top middle or bottom and how. Sorry for thousands of questions but I was hoping this site was for us who love car audio and help everyone and everyone come as one. 

I get a gross footage of 9.96 with a 22" height or 15.84 with a 35" height. I could see a ported box with height of 22" working, or a walled 4th order working depending on the ratio chosen.

Generally you choose a 4th order because you want more bandwidth than a ported box. However, you wouldn't be able to tell which would give you the highest output per say without modeling in a program like WinISD or hornresp

21 minutes ago, jessdabest77 said:

I see. Hopefully someone can help me come up with something. Im not to good with programs but seeing it on paper I can build it. I hope to see a design thank you for helping

If I had the time I would help design but someone else will help you out the best they can :) 

Archived