Second Skin Audio

Plz help on box design

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, CstrokerV said:

There’s plenty of people on here that will design. Boxes for free even more than one you just have to catch them on .... and fourth orders are 90% trial and error

I wouldn’t charge anybody any money. I was just saying that so I wouldn’t have to do 2 designs. I cap it at one design. I have 3 designs I have to do now. I stay doing designs. It’s tedious sometimes and more than people think. I do more than just jump on a program and come up with an enclosure that yields the correct net volume, tuning, port area and velocity. There’s more to it than that. I make sure the enclosure is gonna really impress the person when they hear it. Not just some quick design. Not many people will even design one enclosure, let alone draw out 2 enclosure designs and diagrams for him. They would do one like I’m gonna do one. You won’t do it. Why don’t you draw him out at least one diagram, design or cut sheet or why not message somebody and see if they will do it for him since you wanna make that statement. Help him out instead of talking about it. That’s crazy dude. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

I appreciate any help. I came on here to ask for help because I wanted to get help from people who are passionate about car audio like I am. I can build but need help with design. And not to say car audio shops are bad but I want to build this myself just the way I like it and it's a personal project. Thanks again and let's get me low and loud

1 hour ago, jessdabest77 said:

I appreciate any help. I came on here to ask for help because I wanted to get help from people who are passionate about car audio like I am. I can build but need help with design. And not to say car audio shops are bad but I want to build this myself just the way I like it and it's a personal project. Thanks again and let's get me low and loud

I messaged you before you posted this. Message me back so we can proceed on the enclosure build. Thank you!

3 hours ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

I wouldn’t charge anybody any money. I was just saying that so I wouldn’t have to do 2 designs. I cap it at one design. I have 3 designs I have to do now. I stay doing designs. It’s tedious sometimes and more than people think. I do more than just jump on a program and come up with an enclosure that yields the correct net volume, tuning, port area and velocity. There’s more to it than that. I make sure the enclosure is gonna really impress the person when they hear it. Not just some quick design. Not many people will even design one enclosure, let alone draw out 2 enclosure designs and diagrams for him. They would do one like I’m gonna do one. You won’t do it. Why don’t you draw him out at least one diagram, design or cut sheet or why not message somebody and see if they will do it for him since you wanna make that statement. Help him out instead of talking about it. That’s crazy dude. 

First off it wasn’t directed To you or about you so slow your roll.. secondly I build basic boxes always tuned 32-34hz how I want them and go from there trial and error   That’s the fun of this game.. Sucks for a procrastinator like me .. and that’s not what he wanted and if I could remember what that truck liked I would of suggested something ..  either way it should be designed so he can flip the box so he can see if subs up or subs forward  he likes better    

4 minutes ago, CstrokerV said:
4 hours ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

First off it wasn’t directed To you or about you so slow your roll.. secondly I build basic boxes always tuned 32-34hz how I want them and go from there trial and error   That’s the fun of this game.. Sucks for a procrastinator like me .. and that’s not what he wanted and if I could remember what that truck liked I would of suggested something ..  either way it should be designed so he can flip the box so he can see if subs up or subs forward  he likes better    

My bad dude. :Doh: And I totally understand. I procrastinate too. That’s why I said it’s tedious lol! Much love! :good:

33 minutes ago, jessdabest77 said:

Ok,so I'm still stuck on my box design. I was told port to the side but was wondering how that would work. I'm not competing just want a loud daily is all. Hope someone can help.

Subs forward and Port side is the only way them subwoofers will fit in that small cabin. Port side is the best for truck builds anyways. The port can’t be in the front because the enclosure can only be 13.75” deep including the double baffle, 13” without. ( reason it is 13.75” - 2” from the bottom of the rubber grommet to the tip of the surround, plus 1.3” of xmax, so 13.75” plus 3.3” equals 17.05” of depth). It’s impossible to put the port on top of the enclosure or the front. The front wouldn’t work because the subwoofers mounting depth. And the top wouldn’t work because of the width in sequence with the subwoofers and the mounting. You said you wanted a loud build that got low. The build I constructed is the only way. And the enclosure is right at minimum recommend and the port area is right below recommend. There isn’t anything else that can be done short of throwing the enclosure in the bed of that truck. You question my build like you know something and then question it about port distance from a wall because you have been reading too much on the internet and think that you always need at least the width of the port away from a wall. That is ideal, but an inch or two less isn’t a big deal if there’s not much room for the build. Then I design you an enclosure to make you happy with what you read on the internet and making the port a little more than the width of the port away from the wall but it raised the tuning and the enclosure’s net volume went from 5.95 cubic feet to 5.75. And then you question the port on the side like I don’t know what I’m talking about. Even if there were little aero ports put on the front there would have to be so many to make the correct port area that the aero ports would have to be long as shit. So side port is the only way. Subs forward, slot port, bottom side, driver’s side, horizontally. I actually build enclosures and do this in real life and see and hear them all the time. I think i know what I’m talkin about. 

Archived