Sonic Electronix

So I have a considerable amount of work I'm going to need done. Of course a lot of this stuff I could bounce my way through if I had to.... But a shop with all the tools and lots of experience would sure be better. 

I also have a considerable amount of equipment (sub woofers) to get rid of. Yes, I could go through all the hassles of Craigs list, E-bay, or the "Buy and sell" section here.... except 1) I have a life long jinx with selling used stuff that basically goes like this.... If I have an item worth $300, Id be lucky to get $30 for it :(and 2) all the freaking hassles involved with packing, shipping, etc.

So what I have, and what I think they are worth;

two 10" NVX subs, in a spot on to factory specs Atrend ported enclosure $200

two 15" Dayton HO subs $175

one (2 month old) 18" Skar EVL 4ohm DVC subwoofer  $150

So, $500+ worth of gear.

What I need,

An HU install, + add in my rear view camera.

My Dayton 408 DSP install, plus a basic tune.

A capacitor bank install.

And level adjustments on the entire system.

Obviously Id still pay for any additional wiring, fuses, accessories, etc, which might still be needed. 

Does a trade like this even sound possible ? If not, I could see that gear sitting in my closet until I die, and then it gets sold in a garage sale, all of it for $100.... which would be about the same $100 Id probably get for it right now :( 

......And then having to struggle through installing most of my new stuff myself.... but maybe having to pay a few hundred $ for $100 worth of work :( Story of my life.

I live in Sacramento, which is obviously critical, for something like this.

Maybe as part of the payment but not $500 worth. If it's worth $500 then I'm guessing you won't get much over $350, if that. On top of that, they are taking the risk that it might not sell so they won't want to give you a lot for it. And that is if they even do that, which I'm guessing most people won't. You might have better luck trading it for equipment possibly but labor is pure profit and most people don't do that for anything other than good ol' cash.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

2 hours ago, MrSkippyJ said:

Maybe as part of the payment but not $500 worth. If it's worth $500 then I'm guessing you won't get much over $350, if that. On top of that, they are taking the risk that it might not sell so they won't want to give you a lot for it. And that is if they even do that, which I'm guessing most people won't. You might have better luck trading it for equipment possibly but labor is pure profit and most people don't do that for anything other than good ol' cash.

Well, the speakers and box I listed new, cost close to $1000. I feel like $500 would be a good deal.... Or should I say, what most people would probably ask for... And probably get.

But me, even $350 ? Ha.... I probably couldn't sell that shit for $100 :( I'm telling you, it's been the story of my life. Like I say, nowadays, I don't hardly even try to sell anything. I might as well just give it away.

Archived