Second Skin Audio

Skar Audio Subs Weird Noise

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both subs making the same noise ? That’s kinda weird try unplugging one rca while the system is playing and see if it changes. Are these new or used subs?

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Distortion. Turn the subwoofer level on the head unit to 0db and turn the bass boost on the amp off, if it’s on, turn the head unit loudness and bass boost off or at zero, whatever off is for them, and turn the amps gain a little less than half way up. Them voice coils are taking a beating and them subwoofers are about to go, like real soon, if you don’t do this.  

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

Both subs make the noise and they are brand new. Headunit is stock with the bass turned down (default is the middle), bass boost isn't being used at all. It plays clean on songs with long tones, just on the peaks does the noise happen. Like if I play a test tone, pausing it and pressing play makes the noise at the very beginning and stops immediately and plays cleanly.

Then that’s probably a noise of (a) spider(s) that came unglued. Take the subwoofers out of the enclosure and check the spiders thoroughly, like apply pressure all the way around the spiders with your fingers and play with the cone pushing it back and forth to properly diagnose the spiders and check back in. Because that’s what I think it is. Skar will replace it if it’s a manufacture defect. 

Because I didn’t watch the video until like 20 minutes ago and when I first got on this thread, like 3 hours ago, I just read what you posted but after watching that video and then you saying at peaks it makes the noise screams to me, CHECK THE SPIDERS!

I’m sure it happens but 2 bad subs is  pretty rare, pull them out maybe free air them both and since there new call Skar .

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Box maybe way to small

Archived