Second Skin Audio

Skar Audio Subs Weird Noise

Box is about 2 cubic ft sealed before the subs are loaded. I thought they were bottoming out as well, but why on earth would a sub bottom out at like 60hz? I'll check the spiders as soon as possible. Gain was set about a 1/3 of the way which was about 8dB of overlap. it's since been turned down to avoid the noise.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is your voltage way low since you said it only happens at fully turned up witch would cause a lot of distortion. I would try running 1 sub at a time and see the difference.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

And that subwoofers surround is wrinkling which is kind of telling me it might be bottoming out. The amp isn’t enough to do that and the gain isn’t high enough to distort it too much and the volume isn’t high enough. Did you check the other subwoofer and did you check the spiders? Is it just that one subwoofer? I think the spiders are messed up, disconnected somewhere causing the subwoofer(s) to bottom out and/or make noise. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

4 minutes ago, Jonrussell18 said:

After talking with Skar, we will be sending the subs back for a full refund. Now the debate is getting another pair of SDR 10s or swapping them out with something different. Any suggestions? Box is 2 cubic feet sealed, amp is an RP1200.1d.

Alpine type R’s

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

Thats crazy both were defective. At least skar promptly made it right. You could look at ct sounds tropos. Or some american bass tnt 10s. Also the new audio legion brand had some decent lookin stuff in their lineup.

you can check out american bass es1044 's heard the redesign has been good on them

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

Archived