Sundown Audio

Set the gain of Taramps Smart 3 with Subw connected!

erne_spl

On 6/18/2020 at 5:41 AM, Derp said:

Well I set the amp without the sub woofer connected to 55v. Connected subs and tried. Was loud but seemed to need more umf. So I said F it and put my test tone on, -10 db 40  Hz, cranked it to max (un-distorted) ran to the back and adjusted gain till the clipping light came on then backed  it down a bit. Needless to say it was definitely louder and didn't hurt my subs. I didn't measure the volts it was putting out while connected to the  speaker  because it was 9 PM here and didn't want the neighbors to complain but I'll measure tomorrow. The only thing I'm concerned with is the amp doesn't have much breathing room (2nd pic) but I'll play with it to see if it gets too hot, if it does then I'll have to move it....

EDIT: I've been  using the  amp the past  few  days and  it is  freaking great. I've never  had speakers above 1.5k rms until  this system and the amp is pushing  them very, very well. Greatly pleased with the amp. Gets warm, but nothing to cry about and it absolutely  rips.

IMG_9291.jpg

amp clearance.jpg

@Derp After about a month, how do you feel with this amplifier? Ever had any problems? 😃

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived