Sonic Electronix

With all the talk about Super capacitors, too bad...

you can find them any freaking where !!! Urggg...

Don't think I've ever had such a hard time giving my money away :( So, unless one of you can show me somewhere in the US, with a 6 pk bank of Super Capacitors "in stock" (looking for 2.85 volt, 3000 farad, but 2.7 volt would probably work) in the $300 range... 

Alright so, half because of price, and half because of availability, I tried to order a bank of 6 Super capacitors from Ebay, China (which actually bothers me..... because Ef' China. They take enough of our money) However, even if you buy them in the US, they still came from China :( We REALLY need to work on this as a country. This is the real meaning to the term, being owned. But I digress. 

The order started out as $138 + SH. Only thing is, they said it was a 1-4 week delivery (knowing that 4 weeks is WAY more likely). Well, that kind of sucks.... but for less than half of what you can get them in the US (when you can get them) it was worth the risk. At the checkout, I see that I can pay an extra $30 for 4-7 day shipping. OK. That's worth it to me. I paid $180'ish, and click the buy button. Next day I get a letter from the sender.... Because of the weight of this item, it needs to be sent in two packages, and you will have to assemble. Is that okay ? I reply, "Yes, as long as I don't have to pay that $30 x 2. They reply back, "No. You will only pay $30..... but now shipping could take 2-4 weeks, because of Covid". Wait.... Then WTF am I paying the extra $30 for ?  So I send them a letter back and tell them to remove the $30 extra shipping. They wright me back and say that has already been charged.... But wait, how was it already charged, if they haven't sent the package yet ? 

I'm so through with all of this, I'm going to see what recourse I have, as for cancelling the order completely.

But this still leaves me in the same place.... Needing a bank of caps, and can't find them anywhere ?

Update; Found them ! 

In stock .  And on the way :)   https://skyhighcaraudio.com/limitless-super-caps-2-7v-3000f-bank-of-6/

1 hour ago, Wishuponasub said:

Nice lol. I told you i had some on the last post. $300 for 2 banks. Anyways skyhigh is legit. Good choice.

Well yes, and they are going to put a semi charge on them so that when I get them, I only need to bring them up a couple volts to the same resting voltage of my AGM before installing.

Nice too, that if I had a problem, or got a bad one, I can easily return it, unlike an eBay item from China.

Pretty anxious and confident this is going to help my electrical system a bunch !

Archived