Sonic Electronix

Hello, I've been having this problem a couple months now, where without a load I'll be driving and voltage will slowly drop. When I start the car voltage will be at 14.1- 14.3 I live about 10 miles from work by the time I get to work it is at 13.5 - 13.8. Is this normal or do I have a up coming problem.  1993 Acura legend c32a 110 amp alternator big 3 

Its normal. As the car warms up from driving the heat causes things to charge at a lower lvl. Basics of electronics. Heat decreases efficiency in electrical components. Could also be the batt getting weak if it wasnt doing it b4. How old is it? Get it tested at an autoparts store like oreillys or autozone. Was it doing it b4 you did the big 3? 

It's about 2 years old I got it tested at dealership I work at said everything was fine just wanted a more car audio tuned opinion. I was thinking the heat had something to do with it. I think it was doing it before the big 3, there wasn't much of a drop until I put big 3 but it puts it back just as fast as the amp takes it. Thanks for your knowledge. I want to make sure I got a good home for my new alternator I'm ordering 

I would check all your grounds, especially the grounds attatched to the battery post. Mathew was right about alternator regulation for extreme temperatures. However it's for extreme cold or hot, and the alternator will only regulate .2-.3 max ( higher for the cold, lower for heat).

Internal voltage regulated alternator’s voltage lowers the hotter it gets. There’s no way around it except for buying a conversion kit and switch it to externally voltage regulated and the voltage will stabilize.

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

My homeboy has a stock alternator, big 3 upgrade and a extra 140ah agm battery and his voltage when he goes to work it starts out at 14.4 and 10 or 15 minutes later when he gets to work it’s around 13.8 or lower. I have a js 390 alternator with a big 4 upgrade, dual runs, and when my alternator is cold it reads 14.9 and when I drive about 25 minutes from work it reads 14.6. It happens dude. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

Thank yall for the knowledge really appreciate it! I'm from south Texas all it is, is hot down here temp says 90 cars reading 109. I should have me a singer 250amp by next month. This is my first real build and by far the loudest i've had wanna make sure I do it right. Thanks again

Archived