Sonic Electronix

51 minutes ago, Kain91 said:

To control fan speed you can use a voltage regulator knob in the direct power feed to the fans. If you use computer fans from the early 2000s they are only 3 wires...red: battery +, yellow: switched ignition +, and black for ground. Use a basic 12v regulator knob on the red wire and voila fan speed control at the easiest

Right on, TY 🙂 I was hoping it would be that easy. Of course for $13.99, if I couldn't control the speed, I could at least put in an on / off switch. And only turn it on when I was playing the system at moderate or high levels (which is 90% of the time I'm driving the truck 😀 lol

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/5/2020 at 5:18 PM, 1point21gigawatts said:

Unless you’re running an amp hard at like a half ohm to make it hot then you don’t need (a) fan(s). 

My old ppi black ice 7000.1d I ran at .5 ohms and it had a built in fan but it almost never turned on and I beat the straight snot out of it. My taramps md8k fan runs solid ( 2.67 ohms initial load and about 4ohms after rise) no matter what.....I hate it can hear that fucker run if volume is under like 7 , but amp is less than a foot away from me.

2009 Silverado 1500, 7.5" lift, 37x12.50r17s, Built Gen 4 5.3L ( 4.8l flat pistons, decked 243s, SS2 Cam, Pac 1218 springs, ported intake, 120mm TB, Long tubes, 3" duals HP tuner software tuned by me), 4l80e swapped and 4.56 gears. All done by me. stereo is Pioneer avh 600ex, all stinger rca, jp23 v1.5, skar rp150.4, and hertz hpd4. 2 SHCA 6.5 8ohm, 1 SHCA 3.5", and 1 DS18 tw120pro in each door. The 3.5 mid and 3.5" tweeters are powered by the skar rp150.4, the 6.5s are powered by the hertz bridged @4 ohms. Dual runs   of 3/0 welding cable, 300a alternator, 2 Vmax AGMs up front. current sub is a AB XR 12 ( dual 2 ohm) with bottom spider cut out in 2.25 cubes at 32hz

15 minutes ago, ehall8702 said:

My old ppi black ice 7000.1d I ran at .5 ohms and it had a built in fan but it almost never turned on and I beat the straight snot out of it. My taramps md8k fan runs solid ( 2.67 ohms initial load and about 4ohms after rise) no matter what.....I hate it can hear that fucker run if volume is under like 7 , but amp is less than a foot away from me.

Have you ran that md8000.1 in the heat hard at high tilt for over an hour or 2 with no problems? Because I’m about to order a ms12000.1 tomorrow and I’m curious about running them amps hard in the heat for over an hour or more. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

2 hours ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

Have you ran that md8000.1 in the heat hard at high tilt for over an hour or 2 with no problems? Because I’m about to order a ms12000.1 tomorrow and I’m curious about running them amps hard in the heat for over an hour or more. 

Hey wait a minute.... Weren't you just telling somebody they were crazy for abusing their amps like that ? 😀 Lol

16 hours ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

My amp only gets run hard! Takes it no problem so far, not hot here tho and most I've ran my setup hard is 45minutes or so.i have enuff battery reserve tho I run it about 1/3 volume all day tho when we have a cook out, yesterday it ran about 5 hrs straight ( I charge my batteries evey Saturday night anyway since I don't drive many miles a week, like em topped off as frequently as possible. Amp wasn't even warm, some songs got over 1/2 volume by request yesterday.

2009 Silverado 1500, 7.5" lift, 37x12.50r17s, Built Gen 4 5.3L ( 4.8l flat pistons, decked 243s, SS2 Cam, Pac 1218 springs, ported intake, 120mm TB, Long tubes, 3" duals HP tuner software tuned by me), 4l80e swapped and 4.56 gears. All done by me. stereo is Pioneer avh 600ex, all stinger rca, jp23 v1.5, skar rp150.4, and hertz hpd4. 2 SHCA 6.5 8ohm, 1 SHCA 3.5", and 1 DS18 tw120pro in each door. The 3.5 mid and 3.5" tweeters are powered by the skar rp150.4, the 6.5s are powered by the hertz bridged @4 ohms. Dual runs   of 3/0 welding cable, 300a alternator, 2 Vmax AGMs up front. current sub is a AB XR 12 ( dual 2 ohm) with bottom spider cut out in 2.25 cubes at 32hz

25 minutes ago, ehall8702 said:

My amp only gets run hard! Takes it no problem so far, not hot here tho and most I've ran my setup hard is 45minutes or so.i have enuff battery reserve tho I run it about 1/3 volume all day tho when we have a cook out, yesterday it ran about 5 hrs straight ( I charge my batteries evey Saturday night anyway since I don't drive many miles a week, like em topped off as frequently as possible. Amp wasn't even warm, some songs got over 1/2 volume by request yesterday.

So you haven’t had the amp long and haven’t ran it in hot weather before?

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

43 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

So you haven’t had the amp long and haven’t ran it in hot weather before?

I live in the UP of Michigan, it doesn't get hot here, that's why I'm here! I've ran it a solid hour almost full tilt, hard to take it with volume up that long. Messes with ur eyes and makes it hard to breathe after a while. But yes over 3/4 volume for about an hour and no issues.

23 hours ago, ehall8702 said:

I live in the UP of Michigan, it doesn't get hot here, that's why I'm here! I've ran it a solid hour almost full tilt, hard to take it with volume up that long. Messes with ur eyes and makes it hard to breathe after a while. But yes over 3/4 volume for about an hour and no issues.

Hey, but Sacramento heat, with only 10 or 15% humidity is freaking awesome :)  A little shade and a cold drink and your set. Cools off quickly in the evening too, so sleeping is easy :) Humidity is a WHOLE other thing ! 

On the other hand, Sacramento gets "colder" than I'd really prefer in the Winter.... mid 30's ! Are you ef'ing kidding me ? If I have to wear pants and a shirt, its just too freaking cold for me :) lol

All things considered, we have pretty great weather here :)

21 minutes ago, Fish Chris said:

Hey, but Sacramento heat, with only 10 or 15% humidity is freaking awesome :)  A little shade and a cold drink and your set. Cools off quickly in the evening too, so sleeping is easy :) Humidity is a WHOLE other thing ! 

On the other hand, Sacramento gets "colder" than I'd really prefer in the Winter.... mid 30's ! Are you ef'ing kidding me ? If I have to wear pants and a shirt, its just too freaking cold for me :) lol

All things considered, we have pretty great weather here :)

Some heat is good, but I had my share for life already! Lived in Florida for 25 years and have no clue how I survived.   I'll take the cold ever time now.

Archived