Sonic Electronix

37 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

It always easier to warm yourself up than cool yourself off. So being in cold weather is more ideal than being in hot weather. 

Ain't lying there, can out in as many layers as u want to get warm, but u can only take so many layers off to cool down before the arrest ya lol

2009 Silverado 1500, 7.5" lift, 37x12.50r17s, Built Gen 4 5.3L ( 4.8l flat pistons, decked 243s, SS2 Cam, Pac 1218 springs, ported intake, 120mm TB, Long tubes, 3" duals HP tuner software tuned by me), 4l80e swapped and 4.56 gears. All done by me. stereo is Pioneer avh 600ex, all stinger rca, jp23 v1.5, skar rp150.4, and hertz hpd4. 2 SHCA 6.5 8ohm, 1 SHCA 3.5", and 1 DS18 tw120pro in each door. The 3.5 mid and 3.5" tweeters are powered by the skar rp150.4, the 6.5s are powered by the hertz bridged @4 ohms. Dual runs   of 3/0 welding cable, 300a alternator, 2 Vmax AGMs up front. current sub is a AB XR 12 ( dual 2 ohm) with bottom spider cut out in 2.25 cubes at 32hz

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update: Okay, so an acrylic shroud might have looked cooler...

But just as a test, I propped my large 700rpm fan up in front of my amps, pointed towards them, instead of the cardboard shroud and pulling air out of the center... And to my surprise, the amps are staying cooler. Today I did a two hour round trip and beat on it moderatly hard the whole trip, and never went over 109F, which obviously ain't shit. I think my Wolfgram 2400.1 will go into thermal protection at about 140....

So, I went on and got another fan so I can run two of them side by side, just because. 

Also got my AC recharged. So it will be nice and cool on our 100 plus degree Sacramento Summer days 🙂

RPM doesn't mean as much as actual CFM because different impeller designs at different speeds can produce more air movement than other designs

Also look into how the fans can overcome static pressure.

I recommend one of these ran on a power inverter because this is a AC fan but you can't go wrong with 1100 cubic feet per minute. Lol

On 6/26/2020 at 9:09 AM, AaronT said:

RPM doesn't mean as much as actual CFM because different impeller designs at different speeds can produce more air movement than other designs

Also look into how the fans can overcome static pressure.

I recommend one of these ran on a power inverter because this is a AC fan but you can't go wrong with 1100 cubic feet per minute. Lol

Screenshot_20200626-120755.png

Yea, I totally considered that style, and no doubt they are powerful, but LOUD ! Great for like a wall build with the amps and fans in the back of the vehicle, seperated from the driver / passengers. 

I guess if you had a switch and only used it when you were cranking it, or to cool it off between demo's, the loudness might not be too big an issue.

My case fan is like 1/10th the cfm (well now 1/5th, since I have two of them.... But they are whisper quiet and so I run them all the time. Can't even hear them between songs, in spite of the fact they are right behind me 🙂

Archived