Second Skin Audio

So I just got a screamin deal on a Sundown Audio SA-10 Rev.3 D4 750w RMS with Sundown SFB-1000 amp, and it just got here today! Im weary for several reasons, outer box says SA-10 V2 1000W RMS, the inner box had paperwork saying it’s 600w RMS and the inner box said SA-10 Rev3 D4 750w RMS. No biggie, they’re just boxes, what really worried me is that the bottom of sub is COMPLETELY BLANK and there’s NO IDENTIFICATION ANYWHERE on sub other than ‘Sundown Audio’! I thought it was supposed to have SUNDOWN AUDIO & Model # engraved on motor?  I attached photos of each box and sub as well as spec sheet from inside....

89A75536-7D0E-495C-9320-6201A0EADA7C.jpeg

39E23A8B-27BD-4C9D-8694-59A10860814A.jpeg

C1598D59-F358-449A-9FF8-E0772E6872CC.jpeg

CD577EC5-43BE-46C3-8583-36E2FD8F1A82.png

They changed the rms from 750rms to 1000rms. Still same design but they decided to label it 1000rms instead because it can actually handle more. That’s why there’s a difference in the labeling. Some places it will say one rms and some other places it will say the new rms. And all sundown subwoofers have a blank bottom. It’s authentic. Where did you acquire the subwoofer(s) from?

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

4 hours ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

They changed the rms from 750rms to 1000rms. Still same design but they decided to label it 1000rms instead because it can actually handle more. That’s why there’s a difference in the labeling. Some places it will say one rms and some other places it will say the new rms. And all sundown subwoofers have a blank bottom. It’s authentic. Where did you acquire the subwoofer(s) from?

Umm I don’t know why you say All sundown subs have blank bottoms, I added screen shots from YouTube of a Laser Etched Sundown SA v2  AND SA-Classic, I wouldn’t have based my suspicions on that if I hadn’t seen more etched or engraved Sundowns than not.... I hesitate dropping the name of where I got it, only in case it turns out mine IS completely legit, so I will wait until I know for sure it’s legit, then I will post name and review accordingly...

67B5D96B-B132-4408-8C3E-5BCE26BDDAFE.png

9F20F3EF-24FF-4AD8-A4C5-ABC788C15E53.png

That didn't just arbitrarily change the RMS rating from 750 to 1000...

The Version 1 SA series had the 750RMS rating and had 3 different revisions of it... the Version 2 had the 1000w rating along with a good amount of upgrades that justify the increased rating.

Do not confuse the revision number with the version number.

Your blank back looks just like my 2 SA-12 Rev.3 subs. These are just like all the series ones that I've seen. I would assume the etched ones are the version 2 ones, but I have not yet seen one in person.

The new "Classic" is just a renamed series 1 SA to distinguish it from the new SA version 2

Hope that makes sense

2 hours ago, NugzNsubs818 said:

Umm I don’t know why you say All sundown subs have blank bottoms, I added screen shots from YouTube of a Laser Etched Sundown SA v2  AND SA-Classic, I wouldn’t have based my suspicions on that if I hadn’t seen more etched or engraved Sundowns than not.... I hesitate dropping the name of where I got it, only in case it turns out mine IS completely legit, so I will wait until I know for sure it’s legit, then I will post name and review accordingly...

I’m talking about all new model sundown subwoofers aren’t labeled on the bottom of the magnet. Those pictures show the the sa classic the sa v2 and the one with NO LABEL is the sa rev3. It’s like you want them subwoofers to be knock offs. Fine, if it makes you happy, then subwoofers are knock offs. Lol! Nah, I’m just kidding. They are legit. And I asked you where you got them so I can know if that dealer is a legit respected sundown dealer. I’m just trying to help you. Im not in to running my mouth or gossiping. None of us on this forum are. I’ve been in the car audio game for a long time and have never seen somebody counterfeit a subwoofer, even though I’m sure it’s been done. It’s a legit sundown sa v2 rev3 subwoofer. 

1 hour ago, max13b2 said:

That didn't just arbitrarily change the RMS rating from 750 to 1000...

The Version 1 SA series had the 750RMS rating and had 3 different revisions of it... the Version 2 had the 1000w rating along with a good amount of upgrades that justify the increased rating.

Do not confuse the revision number with the version number.

Your blank back looks just like my 2 SA-12 Rev.3 subs. These are just like all the series ones that I've seen. I would assume the etched ones are the version 2 ones, but I have not yet seen one in person.

The new "Classic" is just a renamed series 1 SA to distinguish it from the new SA version 2

Hope that makes sense

That correct about version and revision when it comes to the sa line. But incorrect about the rms change. The sa subwoofer use to be 600rms from the first sa to the second and went to 750rms with the second and even the rev3, and now the rev3 is rated 1000rms because they can do that and then some and that helps with marketing. That information goes for any sa size. I can tell you about anything you want to know about sundown. I use to be a series sundown junkie. 

2 hours ago, NugzNsubs818 said:

The subwoofer is legit. Now tell us who sold it to you do I can try to fathom why you wouldn’t trust them. I’m intrigued now. Lol

Archived