Can’t find an audio battery for my car!

You can mix standard batteries with agm batteries and be fine because the resting voltage isn’t that far apart. I just wouldn’t mix lithium with anything but lithium, preferably the same kind of lithium. I’ve heard of people mixing lithium with agm with isolators but I’m not about to do that. I’ve even heard of people mixing agm with lithium straight with no isolator. That would cause the lithium battery to try and match the agm battery’s resting voltage which would damage the lithium battery after a certain amount if time because it’s bad to run a lithium battery in the 12s or even drop in the 12s when the alternator is on and a bass note hits. You can just use a regular batteries and add an agm in the mix and be fine if that’s what you want to do to add to your vehicles electrical system. Or trade out the rear battery with an agm. That’s what I’d do. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

23 minutes ago, bmwking said:

you can safely mix lipo4 lithium with agm (ask me how I know), lipo has a lower resting voltage more akin to agm.  any other lithiums i would run solo or with similar technologies, but not lead acid.  ie LTO + LTO or LTO + cmax 

Yeah, you’re right, I remember that now because limitless lithium said that you could run their LifePO4 batteries with agm batteries. And them lipo4 batteries have a resting voltage in the low to mid 13s. So yeah, for sure you can run those with agm (not standard batteries though). My brain farted. Lol! But most people now are running LTOs and cmax though. I wasn’t thinking about that. Thanks for correcting me on that one, I had forgot. 

1 minute ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

Yeah, you’re right, I remember that now because limitless lithium said that you could run their LifePO4 batteries with agm batteries. And them lipo4 batteries have a resting voltage in the low to mid 13s. So yeah, for sure you can run those with agm (not standard batteries though). My brain farted. Lol! But most people now are running LTOs and cmax though. I wasn’t thinking about that. Thanks for correcting me on that one, I had forgot. 

No worries, it was less about correcting you and more about providing OP with more accurate info :)

5 hours ago, bmwking said:

No worries, it was less about correcting you and more about providing OP with more accurate info :)

I know. I just hate being wrong or leaving something out lol! I’m OCD like that. But if that LifePO4 battery starts dipping into the 12s on voltage drop because it’s mixed with an agm then it could damage the lithium or decrease it’s battery lifespan. But I was told if that ever happens to just add more lithium. I spoke with Matt at limitless a few times just learning about lithium. I learned some stuff about lithium from Brandon at CES too. Because I’m preferably new to lithium. But when I learn something, I learn it quick and abundantly. But I do forget things sometimes from the many past years of self medicating lol! Been sober over a year though. Some I’m half way smart again lol!

Archived