Taramps smart 3 Upgrades?

im getting the taramps smart 3 soon and was wondering what i will need to upgrade. i already plan on doing the big 3, but i only have a 90 amp alternator and im struggling trying to find info on if i should be just upgrading my stock battery or adding a second battery or getting a high output alternator. ill be running 2 skar svr 12s rated at 800rms and 1600 peak also if i add a second battery is it a bad idea to keep my stock lead battery and add an agm?

That’s a lot of amp for them subwoofers. Not many clips will put them subwoofers in the trash can quick. Especially under feeding that amp. You need to get 2 more batteries or 1 big battery, 140ah. Shuriken bt-140. Agm of course. You can mix standard batteries with agm because resting voltage isn’t that far apart. It’s fine. You can get away with just adding a shuriken bt-140. But you will have voltage drop. Personally I would get a high output alternator and the standard battery with a big agm battery and I would get better subwoofers like some Skar ddx’s or evl’s if you’re gonna do some Skar subwoofers. Ddx’s would be pushing it for real because that amp does the same rms at 1ohm as it does at 2ohms so rise doesn’t affect that amp that much. But then svr’s are a super bad choice. You mine as well return them or sell them before you blow them so you can at least get money out of them while you can. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

Do you have a better budget build suggestion for an amp and subs? I just want to get loud af without spending a ton of money, like the type of system you hear blocks away and people in the car next to you can feel it. I've been trying to find info on builds but I'm not having much success. I've seen that most skar Amps suck but it seemed like the subs were decent. Seems like taramps are good but I don't know too many people doing car audio and the shops around me don't really sell good stuff. If you could point me in the right direction that would be great. 

1 hour ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

That’s a lot of amp for them subwoofers. Not many clips will put them subwoofers in the trash can quick. Especially under feeding that amp. You need to get 2 more batteries or 1 big battery, 140ah. Shuriken bt-140. Agm of course. You can mix standard batteries with agm because resting voltage isn’t that far apart. It’s fine. You can get away with just adding a shuriken bt-140. But you will have voltage drop. Personally I would get a high output alternator and the standard battery with a big agm battery and I would get better subwoofers like some Skar ddx’s or evl’s if you’re gonna do some Skar subwoofers. Ddx’s would be pushing it for real because that amp does the same rms at 1ohm as it does at 2ohms so rise doesn’t affect that amp that much. But then svr’s are a super bad choice. You mine as well return them or sell them before you blow them so you can at least get money out of them while you can. 

What upgrade would I need to do to my electrical for that? I'm already planning on doing the big 3. Would I be able to just get second battery or do you think I need to get a high output alt and ditch my stock battery for a better agm battery? Would I need 2 batteries? Lol I kinda need to be walked through everything I would need to get best results. Or just pretty much just do everything you mentioned in the earlier post

You can just get an extra agm battery and be fine. You need more amperage than what that alternator and battery under the hood can produce. That’s below the 150 amps that amp calls for during music play. I just personally wouldn’t run a stock alternator because a high output puts out a higher voltage and more current. But you can run a stock alternator on that install and be fine. For sure. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

Archived