Tell me again why I need more battery reserve ???

11 hours ago, CstrokerV said:

looks like people already did.... because hes been here long enough that he should know this topic was discussed and could of searched it is why i didn't explain shit to him... on top of that you know why i use a reserve because "real men play at 12v"  lol  wish i remembered who said that lol

Lol, that real men play at 12v thing has me chuckling on and off. That’s good. But yeah, I feel you dude. My bad. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

Lol, that real men play at 12v thing has me chuckling on and off. That’s good. But yeah, I feel you dude. My bad. 

That quote is from a competitor just can’t remember who it was 

On 6/14/2020 at 1:09 PM, Fish Chris said:

Okay guys, so let me ask it another way...... How many amp hours are required to run a high powered stereo system ? I already talked about vehicles that used "no battery at all", but only a super capacitor bank, which held enough amp hours to start the vehicle, and then were almost instantly recharged as soon as the alternator got to spinning. Id think that 5 ah should do it..... with a big, strong alternator of course :) ....or four of them, depending on the stereo system.

Batteries and caps do 2 different things and doing caps and no batteries the caps have to be a certain size bank corresponding to the alts and draw have you seen the size of the banks for huge systems they are huge and im pretty sure Tony's video ill find later showed a batt bank is better then caps for daily not 100% positve though  i still would do a batt bank and a cap bank which im going to do with just 3k watts  .... the A.H depends... i was recommended 4 or was it 6 xs D7500 for 10k watts 

7 minutes ago, CstrokerV said:

Batteries and caps do 2 different things and doing caps and no batteries the caps have to be a certain size bank corresponding to the alts and draw have you seen the size of the banks for huge systems they are huge and im pretty sure Tony's video ill find later showed a batt bank is better then caps for daily not 100% positve though  i still would do a batt bank and a cap bank which im going to do with just 3k watts  .... the A.H depends... i was recommended 4 or was it 6 xs D7500 for 10k watts 

I'm only running one, $160 AGM battery right now, along with my 320 amp alternator for my 3Kwt setup. And aside from super short term, microsecond voltage drops from quick bass hits, I couldn't be better. If only I could get those stinking super caps, i'm sure this would fix the latter problem too :(

15 minutes ago, Fish Chris said:

I'm only running one, $160 AGM battery right now, along with my 320 amp alternator for my 3Kwt setup. And aside from super short term, microsecond voltage drops from quick bass hits, I couldn't be better. If only I could get those stinking super caps, i'm sure this would fix the latter problem too :(

Im going with xspower supercaps the one in cases looking like batts... most my music has extended bass drops that tax more then quick bursts so that wouldnt be enough for mine especially sitting at idle that i usually do... i play it with the car off more then on so another reason i need a reserve

4 hours ago, CstrokerV said:

Im going with xspower supercaps the one in cases looking like batts... most my music has extended bass drops that tax more then quick bursts so that wouldnt be enough for mine especially sitting at idle that i usually do... i play it with the car off more then on so another reason i need a reserve

I'm sure those will do just as good of a job, except 1) they cost an extra $150, and 2) a battery shape won't fit my particular area to be installed... Or, impo, look as cool as a straight row of six super caps down one side of my subwoofer enclosure. I'm going to put an "L" shaped piece of acrylic over mine for protection.... And another "L" shaped piece over my amps with a large case fan, With blue LED's in the center of it.

Alls i know from my experience, i don't really like agm. and will never go back from Cmax Lithium. the quality, power, and ease is was better.

15" Neo Elite

135AH Lithium Bank

Taramps Bass30k

320a Brand X Purple Metallic Ho Alt

125+ Ft of oversized 1/0

ATnqTu2.jpg ZpNzSWw.jpgZlH1dRI.jpg 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/16/2020 at 1:48 PM, MichiganBumps said:

Alls i know from my experience, i don't really like agm. and will never go back from Cmax Lithium. the quality, power, and ease is was better.

Hey I think I said this before, but that 30Kwt amp of yours is rediculous....ly cool 🙂

So I was looking at the specs for that amp and it said that it a max continuous draw of 1156 amps.

So if I had one, I'd be running four 400+ amp alts, and "NO" stinking batteries 😉

Instead maybe just like 2000 farads of supercaps (four banks of 6).... Which I guess one could say were acting as a battery.... But all 24 of those caps might hold about 5 ah. Should be plenty 😀 lol

Archived