Confused about manufacturer recommendations

Dafaseles

So I'm trying to decide what midrange speakers I want to go with, but I'm confused about a couple things I've been noticing. First, why does it seem like the less expensive speakers have a range of lets say 70hz to something like 5000 khz, then the more expensive speakers range from about 100-120hz to whatever the high end might be. On top of that, if you read the owner's manual for some of these speakers that the range starts below 100 hz, they still recommend you set the high pass filter at usually 125 hz, some recommend 100 hz. Checking on some different subwoofers, they want those filters set at 80 hz. So where am I supposed to get 81 hz through 124 hz? Is that something we say screw it and set the high pass filter at 78 hz? And with the more expensive speakers, why does the range not go as low as less expensive speakers? Would I still just set the high pass filter where I needed it and not pay attention to the range and recommended HPF setting? I've searched the internet for answers and can't find what I'm looking for. Any help would be greatly appreciated

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Archived