Sonic Electronix

Hello got a Skar DDX-10 Dual 2 ohm sub. I wired it to 1 ohm, but the multimeter reads like 2 ohms. I checked the wiring and the wiring is good, the sub doesn't seem to be cooked. Still works as it should. Wired in parralel any clues ?

Check the reading on each individual terminal on the subwoofer. It might be your dmm or it’s leads or the subwoofer might have a coil about to go bad. Coils start to read higher when they are about to go bad. But most likely it’s something to do with the dmm or it’s leads. Because I’ve had dmm leads and one of the leads wires weren’t all in contact and it would cause the dmm to read about 2 tenths higher. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

2 hours ago, MrSkippyJ said:

What exactly did it show and did you check the resistance in your DMM leads?

How do I chek resistance in the dmm leads ? My touching them together and putting it in ohm setting ? If that's the case it reads 1 ohm. I think that's why it shows 2 ohms?

1 hour ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

Check the reading on each individual terminal on the subwoofer. It might be your dmm or it’s leads or the subwoofer might have a coil about to go bad. Coils start to read higher when they are about to go bad. But most likely it’s something to do with the dmm or it’s leads. Because I’ve had dmm leads and one of the leads wires weren’t all in contact and it would cause the dmm to read about 2 tenths higher. 

I'll check the coils individually another day the sub is too heavy lol. How do I check the resistance in the multimeter leads ? 

31 minutes ago, MrSkippyJ said:

put the meter on resistance and touch the leads together. subtract that amount from what you read.

Ah okay makes sense now. It was reading 2 ohms sometimes 2.1. Thanks that clarifies my confusion 

Archived