Second Skin Audio

Port: How long is too long?

akuma4u

1 minute ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

And you’re still being a smart as. What are you talking about limited knowledge. You haven’t even pointed out ANYTHING I’ve said that is misinformed or wrong. Lol smh

Bass on... bro?

...I share, not a vid ho or stick a sticker on my car. But I WILL demo... smh.

Misinformation... you giving advice on port area vs sidewall clearance... "end correction" facors into that surely... how?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, shredder2 said:

Bass on... bro?

...I share, not a vid ho or stick a sticker on my car. But I WILL demo... smh.

Misinformation... you giving advice on port area vs sidewall clearance... "end correction" facors into that surely... how?

No I’m not. End correction is found out by dividing the width of the port in half. What did I say wrong about that? Sidewall clearance has to be at least the same distance away from the wall as the width of the port. So if the port is 5” then the end of the port has to be at least 5” from the side wall. How is that wrong? Where did I say anything else in regulated to a side wall clearance? I didn’t. And I haven’t given any advice on this thread about port area. I just spoke on how triticum’s calculator is flawed and then you flip out and can’t handle the truth and are search so hard to try and discredit me. You’re lame dude. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

Just now, 1point21gigawatts said:

No I’m not. End correction is found out by dividing the width of the port in half. What did I say wrong about that? Sidewall clearance has to be at least the same distance away from the wall as the width of the port. So if the port is 5” then the end of the port has to be at least 5” from the side wall. How is that wrong? And I haven’t given any advice on this thread about port area. I just spoke on how triticum’s calculator is flawed and then you flip out and can’t handle the truth and are search so hard to try and discredit me. You’re lame dude. 

The truth.. not lame just tired of your learning curve sir

I’ll wait 5 minutes for you to do so before I go to bed because it 5 in the fughin morning and I’m getting baited in and arguing meaninglessly with your as. After 5 minutes I’m logging off. Prove me wrong. Now is your chance. You can’t do it. 

The only things I have learned from this thread is that triticum is professional and probably a good guy and you just talk meaningless junk and can’t back it up with facts and are for sure a bad person. It’s been more than 5 minutes. You lose. 

19 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

The only things I have learned from this thread is that triticum is professional and probably a good guy and you just talk meaningless junk and can’t back it up with facts and are for sure a bad person. It’s been more than 5 minutes. You lose. 

5. Responses in 25min?.. You a internet killer fosho. U win... U da man... Bass On!

Holy hell you guys, I go to bed and wake up to three pages of back and forth between you two.  

1point21gigawatts, the reason my port calculator didn't work well with the OP 2,000 watt system is because he was putting that 2000 watts into a 1.75 cu ft box.  Its the relationship between power and enclosure size that matters.  2,000 watts may not sounds like a lot, but 2000 watts into a 1.75 cu ft enclosure is over a 1,000 watts per cube, and that's the point where things get very difficult.  Its not the calculators fault, its the physics.  Plug that amount of power into any box simulation software of your choice and try to get the port velocity below 30 m/sec and see what you get.  You will find its just a very difficult problem to solve.  As far as that making may calculator "useless", is a 9/16" end wrench useless because it can't tighten a 3/4" bolt?  Is a hammer useless because you can't remove a screw with it?  No, just about everything on this planet is designed for a specific job and to work within a given set of parameters,  I made it very clear on my calculator when you went outside the parameters that it is designed to work within.  It seems to me like you are really looking for something to prove here and you WANT to find flaws in my calculator so you can discredit it instead of just accepting it for what it is.

I'm going to get on my soapbox for a minute, it's a bit unfortunate that amp power has gotten so cheap these days.  The reason I say that is that it makes it easy for people to attempt things that are going to be very difficult to get to work well.  Systems with more than 1,000 watts per cube are what I'm talking about.  Once you get to that level of power you are well into the point of diminished returns and mostly what you are doing is wasting a lot of money IMHO (certain competition systems are the exception to this, but those people know who they are).  I've never done this particular test, but I bet if you had a 2,000 watt per cube system, you optimized it as much as you could and then put it on an amp half the size (or turned the gain down), so 1000 watts per cube, in most cases you wouldn't even lose 1 db of output.  Nobody wants to think about this though since they spent all that money on the big amp and all the power upgrades to support it. 

As far as the end correction stuff goes, I do have my own way of determining it.  I've found the usual method of adding half the port width to give inconsistent results.  If you want to talk about end correction please PM me or start a new thread so we don't further clutter up akuma4u's thread. 

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived