Sonic Electronix

I'm looking for a reasonably priced crimper to handle 1/0 cable and crimps....

But also, reasonably priced crimp style 1/0 to 1/0 pins.

I'm seeing crimpers going like $150 or more, and pin terminals for no less than $7 each. 

If I have to pay that much, I'll just solder the ends of my cables, to make them way easier to insert and connect to amps, splitters, etc.

Btw, if I were running a shop, I could see spending big $ on a nice hydraulic crimper... And who cares if the connectors are $10 each, if the customers paying for them anyway.

But I need a better deal on this stuff as a poor DIY kind of guy.

Any suggestions ?

Bought this almost 3yrs ago used it a lot still works great.

ECD5AFFC-84C9-4417-891B-73100CAD4D9B.png

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

24 minutes ago, fishchris1 said:

Cool, but where do you guys get your connectors ?

i dont use pin connectors so cant help you there  i know amazon has 0 guage wire ferruels   look into them like  $12 for 25 pcs

2 hours ago, CstrokerV said:

i dont use pin connectors so cant help you there  i know amazon has 0 guage wire ferruels   look into them like  $12 for 25 pcs

Well, I think that would be the cleanest way to hook up amps and such.....

But with these ferrules do you still have to crimp them on ?

Got to go slow when using it , it is a cheap tool but mine came a o-ring kit to fix it if u blow out a seal. After crimping 1/0 I would follow up with the next size smaller to make it very snug.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

8 hours ago, fishchris1 said:

Well, I think that would be the cleanest way to hook up amps and such.....

But with these ferrules do you still have to crimp them on ?

not 100% i know mark doesnt crimp the small ones has heat shrink hold them on  and lets the screws from the amp squish them and hold it into place

Get the 16 ton one for 0 gauge IMO. The smaller ones are a bit light in the loafers

Archived