I have 2 Kicker L7 15's running them at a 2 ohm load and looking to run a Kicker CX 1800.1 amp at 2 ohms.. Currently looking to run off my existing 4 gauge wire that I have run with a kinetic hc600 in the back.  Just wondering if it is possible, not looking to break records just ride around. Also not looking to upgrade alternator because in my vehicle it will be quite expensive.

It’s possible but I’d use 1/0 awg ofc and do a big 3 upgrade with 1/0 awg ofc too. The inputs on that amp are 1/0 gauge inputs so why go smaller? 4 gauge will work but it will be rendering that amp from its full potential. Plus it’s healthier for an amp to run correct size cables. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

That battery looks like a motorcycle battery, probably better than running a cap, although it is advertised for a 600 watt system and you have tripled that in one amp. Your 4 awg wire will carry enough amps on a short run, but i imagine you have exceeded the length of its usefulness. I don't know what your ultimate goals or add ons will be but, you do need a larger power wire. You also need to look at what your vehicle consumes as it's power needs. You might find after the vehicles consumption you have very little left in your charging system. 

Archived