Sundown Audio

PPI 2150 - no power

Playloud

I'm new to the forum. I have a ppi 2150 amp which will not power up.  Worked on previous system and was removed , sat for a few years inside climate controled home. Installed in a current system and it powered up , then shut down. Had a former ppi rep take a look at it ,whom i bought it from. He did some checks with amp meter but coulden't determine the issue. The amp is in excellent condition and the factory seal wasen't broken untill he checked it for me. Would like to have it fixed if possible if it's within reason. I was told to come here there was alot of ppi knowledge. Also told me to ask for "WICKS". Thanks in advance for any help.

@Wicks hasn't been around much for a while I don't think. If he does log in, he'll get a notification from that tag. 

As far as repair, there are a few good amp repair companies out there. I think amp medics is probably the most commonly recommended, and seems to have great reviews.

Email: [email protected]
Text: 7279196793

The search function on this forum can be tricky to navigate through sometimes. I prefer to do a site specific google search, such as:

PPI 2150 site:stevemeadedesigns.com

This link lists a few other amp repair services as well. https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/216137-amplifier-repair/

• 2 months later...

Hey,

Sorry about the delay.

Wish they'd send emails with these notifications.  Did you get your amp figured out.  I'm honored that somebody would recommend me.  I've been crazy busy with a couple little kiddos so I wouldn't have time to look at it but reedal said it best.  It would be the best idea to find a company that is insured to do the repair.  Best of luck and thanks for reaching out.

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

• 3 weeks later...

Archived