Would it be "as loud"?

I started out with the "EVL Bass package", Subs/Box/Rp-2000.1D/Wire.

I've slowly been upgrading everything and I've got it where Im pretty happy, but of course...I'd like to continue upgrading.

I have swapped out all wiring that came with the package to 1/0 OFC dual runs (at every point)  as well as dual inputs

Swapped out the wire in the EVL box for 8g welding cable and went with SS Bolt/Nuts instead of the spring loaded terminals

Added a Northstar NSB-AGM31 and a JS 250A Alt

Swapped out the RP2000 for a SKv2-3500.1d

Now here's my question, if I purchased some VXF-12's and stuck them in the EVL box, would the sound decrease at all or would I gain from it? The VXF can handle more power, and the EVL's are on the edge of being overpowered with the 3500, would the VXF's need more power to get as loud as the EVL's are now - would I see any benefits at all? The VXF's are listed with the same space requirements as the EVL subs but the other specs are what interest me. I heard they play lower frequencies better, is this true?

I have plans for the ZVX series in the future, but I'd like to get as much from what I have at my disposal before I build a new box. Would the SKv2-3500 do well for 2 VXF's like it does for the EVL's?

20200503_161326.jpg

20200616_170541.jpg

Also, where can I get a BIG ASS Skar rear window decal? I bought he 20" off ebay....I'd like something twice its size....

Edited by raymo2u

If you have plans to do another upgrade that is going to cost $600-700 plus box, I would skip this $500+ upgrade for a slight if any noticeable increase. Spend some on sound deadening and have you a big ass nice logo inside your trunk. No need to advertise your car for potential theft.  

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

Take that decal off your window dude. That sticker tell junkie who car hop that you have a system. Move in silence and bump in moderation. You don’t want everybody knowing you have a system. Haters or junkies might try something. 

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

1 hour ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

Take that decal off your window dude. That sticker tell junkie who car hop that you have a system. Move in silence and bump in moderation. You don’t want everybody knowing you have a system. Haters or junkies might try something. 

We dont have issues like that in my neighborhood (as of right now) fortunately, but I wouldnt do it anywhere else.

Moderate size town in center Vermont, very little crime aside from widespread suboxone use and "regular" drunks. We also have Consritutional carry and everyone carries here. People only recently started locking their homes/cars at night. The cops are pretty cool here as well, aside from one that is about to retire. I may remove the "Audio" part of each sticker just to keep a lower profile for noise complaints, I have yet to see a single person with another system that isnt sold at walmart.

I have big plans for this vehicle, the sticker and sound wont be the only reason it catches attention in the next few weeks but thank you for your concern and suggestions.

Edited by raymo2u

Parking lots and foreign places and even your driveway when people that just drive by from visiting somebody in your neighborhood and see the sticker or traveling junkies that drive from neighborhood to neighborhood looking for a come up. It’s not smart. It’s some noob stuff dude. Only people that put car audio decals all over their vehicles are people that compete and advertise and most get paid for it or get discounts or free products for doing so and they have their comp vehicles locked up in a garage. I wouldn’t wish theft upon anybody. That’s why I’m trying to help you. You are one of us and we have to look out for each other. And I’m advising you not to label your vehicle. I have plenty of decals that would look cool on my glass. I even have really big ones. But I don’t use them on my vehicles. 

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/18/2020 at 12:38 AM, 1point21gigawatts said:

Parking lots and foreign places and even your driveway when people that just drive by from visiting somebody in your neighborhood and see the sticker or traveling junkies that drive from neighborhood to neighborhood looking for a come up. It’s not smart. It’s some noob stuff dude. Only people that put car audio decals all over their vehicles are people that compete and advertise and most get paid for it or get discounts or free products for doing so and they have their comp vehicles locked up in a garage. I wouldn’t wish theft upon anybody. That’s why I’m trying to help you. You are one of us and we have to look out for each other. And I’m advising you not to label your vehicle. I have plenty of decals that would look cool on my glass. I even have really big ones. But I don’t use them on my vehicles. 

I agreed. It's best not to put any sticker outside vehicle. It's pretty crazy that some random just decided to break in and steal something you do not expect at all.