Second Skin Audio

Switching from CT meso 8s to DC m38s

AaronT

7 hours ago, AaronT said:

Got the DC's in, only tried them in the MDF box. Vs the CT's in the birch box the CT's are much louder.

Going to try the DC's in the birch this weekend.

Are the DC’s broke in yet?

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

Hell no they got 90 min of play time on them, they are actually stiffer new than the mesos new.

I'll.have some pics for you giga, been busy as hell. Bought a house, closing Monday. Been juggling tons of crap. Lucky I even made it up to brand x to pick up my DC's

Here ya go jiga.

This Tuesday I'll try em in the kerf ported birch.

something really tells me that this box here that was built by this Audio company that fuck me around for three months and then gave me a half-finished box and $100 back (box pictured)

Something tells me it's not to the specifications I ask for in regards to tuning and airspace and I don't really have the fucking energy right now to measure the thing out to make sure it's on point for one I don't know what I'm doing to I don't feel like learning right now. Lol

20200702_120300_HDR.jpg

20 hours ago, AaronT said:

Hell no they got 90 min of play time on them, they are actually stiffer new than the mesos new.

I'll.have some pics for you giga, been busy as hell. Bought a house, closing Monday. Been juggling tons of crap. Lucky I even made it up to brand x to pick up my DC's

Not car audio related, but congratulations on the house! 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

7 hours ago, AaronT said:

Here ya go jiga.

This Tuesday I'll try em in the kerf ported birch.

something really tells me that this box here that was built by this Audio company that fuck me around for three months and then gave me a half-finished box and $100 back (box pictured)

Something tells me it's not to the specifications I ask for in regards to tuning and airspace and I don't really have the fucking energy right now to measure the thing out to make sure it's on point for one I don't know what I'm doing to I don't feel like learning right now. Lol

20200702_120300_HDR.jpg

5D0CA283-F507-4D52-B7D1-5069FFD95DDD.gif.ba389c2fa35874f982b77fb22d15cc21.gif
Them amp racks are clean. I like that set up. Plus them DC’s are gonna get louder when they loosen up, for sure, you already know that though. And they will do better in that birch enclosure with a kerf. Thank you for the pic! I wanna see them in that brand x enclosure. I can’t wait. Nooice! :)

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

10 hours ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

5D0CA283-F507-4D52-B7D1-5069FFD95DDD.gif.ba389c2fa35874f982b77fb22d15cc21.gif
Them amp racks are clean. I like that set up. Plus them DC’s are gonna get louder when they loosen up, for sure, you already know that though. And they will do better in that birch enclosure with a kerf. Thank you for the pic! I wanna see them in that brand x enclosure. I can’t wait. Nooice! :)

Thanks, the reason for the staggered amp on the left is because that board was measured for a t1000-1, t600-4, and t400-4.

The dual t1500-1's are like ¾" longer so had to raise it to overhang on the middle t600-4. And had to stack the other on right on top of t400-4.

Eventually imma redesign it.

Well got the DC's in the birch box the CT's were in.

The DC's are killing the CT's in terms of low end, range, output. Across the board the dc m38s are all over the mesos.

Hard to believe as the CT has a 8lb heavier motor assembly with 3 stack slugs and 2.5" coil vs DC sporting a 2" coil and 2 stack lug motor.

I think what we're seeing here is something that's FEA optimized from the ground up versus a slap together Chinese sub.

I haven't been satisfied in a long time and I am thoroughly satisfied with this build finally.

Great quality amps, great quality subs, awesome mids and highs (RF t4's and RF t4's) with Electrical that don't drop below 14 with car off and stays pinned at 14.7 while idle.

Now time to put the replacement CT sounds meso into a bass module in the attic for home theater (yes CT actually warrantied all 4 subs free of charge)

20200708_121046_HDR.jpg

Archived