Second Skin Audio

Switching from CT meso 8s to DC m38s

AaronT

His first post says subs are already bought , so pound those fuckers and see what they can take , I get it I buy different subs for my same box just because I love this shit , I got Sundown SA’s , Skar VD’s and Sundown SD3’s laying in my basement while I rock DD SL 10’s right now , it’s an addiction we all have it and I love it . But if I had a trunk U better believe I’d be rocking some 18’s .

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

The only thing I would say if your still not happy that box is nice try to find some 10’s that will fit and for sure you would notice a difference. Just the 4-10’s alone would add 8 inches in diameter and would add way more DB’s but also may need more power but that’s what we all run into.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

If U blow those DC’s up these are dropins for that box and can handle way more then rated. DD 500 series 10’s, sorry I’m posting so much I get drunk while watching UFC fights and start running my mouth.

443F4F7B-3CE0-4696-B78A-900DB37CA794.png

4 hours ago, shane35fowler said:

I dont make a habit of blindly listening to advise from anyone lol. I did my due diligence and am local to them so was able to listen to them. Even underpowered they sounded pretty good. But I don't own them yet. 

Ive never heard the Hutchinson ETA-8s either but I'm betting they sound pretty good. 

I picked up a pair of the Savard rap components and they sound damn good for the money. 

And

Xmax is Maximum linear peak (or sometimes peak-to-peak) excursion of the cone. 

Xmerc Maximum physical excursion of the driver before physical damage

point being they are often used interchangeably 

Xmax is one direction dude. One way MAXimum voice coil eXcursion. second way voice coil retraction not included in xmax. Savard saying 40mm overall after it says 20mm of xmax confuses noobs. It says 20mm xmax in ONE DIRECTION and then has a comma and says 40mm overall. The xmax is 20mm and the overall voice coil movement is 40mm. Don’t come on this forum trying to correct one of the members when he is already correct. If you don’t believe us, then go google “what is xmax”. You really shouldn’t be chiming in when you don’t know what you are talking about. Especially saying the OP of this thread, who is knowledgeable, is wrong about xmax, which he is not. Don’t do that dude.

:lame:

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

1 hour ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

Xmax is one direction dude. One way MAXimum voice coil eXcursion. second way voice coil retraction not included in xmax. Savard saying 40mm overall after it says 20mm of xmax confuses noobs. It says 20mm xmax in ONE DIRECTION and then has a comma and says 40mm overall. The xmax is 20mm and the overall voice coil movement is 40mm. Don’t come on this forum trying to correct one of the members when he is already correct. If you don’t believe us, then go google “what is xmax”. You really shouldn’t be chiming in when you don’t know what you are talking about. Especially saying the OP of this thread, who is knowledgeable, is wrong about xmax, which he is not. Don’t do that dude.

:lame:

I'm going to assume my logical and respectful response got lost in the interwebs after hitting the submit reply button and just leave this here.... Because I sure didn't make it up and unfortunately not every manufacturer gives the one way excursion figures. 

Assuming this would be the first thing a noob finds when searching T/S parameters via Google. 

Screenshot_20200621-013802.png

07 Dodge Ram Mega Cab 3500 SRW 5.9L Cummins Twin Turbos (fraternal not paternal;) 3x 12" 11sL7 2DVC wired to 1.3ohm on Nesa Encore TS Power TE-5000D amp, Kicker 6.5 Q class Components front and rear doors on Memphis PR4x50 amp, Big 6 upgrade for dual Group 34 Yellow tops. Pioneer DEH8400BH HU. 

2016 F6B Goldwing infinity Kappa 50.9CS(factory amp) front and 60.9CS rear(Taramps DS 160.2 Mini amp)

15 hours ago, Ron36 said:

His first post says subs are already bought , so pound those fuckers and see what they can take , I get it I buy different subs for my same box just because I love this shit , I got Sundown SA’s , Skar VD’s and Sundown SD3’s laying in my basement while I rock DD SL 10’s right now , it’s an addiction we all have it and I love it . But if I had a trunk U better believe I’d be rocking some 18’s .

I got em really really cheap

Regarding Xmax

Common sense tell you a sub that's 5.7" deep has 40mm one way?what was it built on Mars by wizards or some shit?they are rebadged american bass vfls or older hd's

Slightly different bottom plate, same build

61mzK0N1R0L._AC_SX522_.jpg

vfl8d4-main.png

2 hours ago, AaronT said:

Regarding Xmax

Common sense tell you a sub that's 5.7" deep has 40mm one way?what was it built on Mars by wizards or some shit?they are rebadged american bass vfls or older hd's

vfl8d4-main.png

I literally said pick up another 2mm of Xmax 🤦🏼‍♂️

07 Dodge Ram Mega Cab 3500 SRW 5.9L Cummins Twin Turbos (fraternal not paternal;) 3x 12" 11sL7 2DVC wired to 1.3ohm on Nesa Encore TS Power TE-5000D amp, Kicker 6.5 Q class Components front and rear doors on Memphis PR4x50 amp, Big 6 upgrade for dual Group 34 Yellow tops. Pioneer DEH8400BH HU. 

2016 F6B Goldwing infinity Kappa 50.9CS(factory amp) front and 60.9CS rear(Taramps DS 160.2 Mini amp)

11 hours ago, shane35fowler said:

I'm going to assume my logical and respectful response got lost in the interwebs after hitting the submit reply button and just leave this here.... Because I sure didn't make it up and unfortunately not every manufacturer gives the one way excursion figures. 

Assuming this would be the first thing a noob finds when searching T/S parameters via Google. 

It says maximum linear peak excursion. Do you understand what that means? If you did then you wouldn’t be trying to prove false knowledge as truth and screenshooting Wikipedia. It’s one direction. When it says peak to peak, that still means one direction. It can move 20mm up past it’s resting point and 20mm down past it’s resting point. The xmax is 20mm, not 40mm. Linear is one stage of a straight line movement. When a subwoofer moves up on a note, that’s one stage, when it retracts, that’s another stage of movement. One stage of movement. One direction. Be it up or down. You are honestly trying to disprove the meaning of xmax to people that all we do is car audio. You originally came on this forum asking questions and seeking help. We came on this forum seeking to help people, answer questions, talk about car audio and bullshit around sometimes. If you don’t know what you are talking about and have to google it then don’t speak on it and definitely don’t give advice on it or try to teach about it. 

2 hours ago, AaronT said:

Regarding Xmax

vfl8d4-main.png

The wizards that use to live on Mars moved to Venus to save their species because men are from Mars and women are from Venus. So they had to get laid and spread their magical seed. Lol!

Archived