Second Skin Audio

Switching from CT meso 8s to DC m38s

AaronT

B478AABD-076E-4031-8F35-AAE707D731FF.thumb.jpeg.f50a4aa1456456aba4dbc8c7bfc6ff5f.jpeg

Savard just put 40mm overall. Regular companies don’t list overall subwoofer movement. They just list xmax. I have subwoofers that are over 100 pounds and can handle a shit ton of rms. It says the xmax of my subwoofers is 32mm which is almost 1.3 inches. Do you honestly think a big ass super strong subwoofer only moves a little more than a half inch up and a little more than a half inch down. Fugh no. It moves 32mm in one direction. Xmax. Savard is the only company I’ve ever seen that lists overall subwoofer movement which I’m gonna say this again, IT CONFUSES NOOBS. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

B478AABD-076E-4031-8F35-AAE707D731FF.thumb.jpeg.f50a4aa1456456aba4dbc8c7bfc6ff5f.jpeg

Savard just put 40mm overall. Regular companies don’t list overall subwoofer movement. They just list xmax. I have subwoofers that are over 100 pounds and can handle a shit ton of rms. It says the xmax of my subwoofers is 32mm which is almost 1.3 inches. Do you honestly think a big ass super strong subwoofer only moves a little more than a half inch up and a little more than a half inch down. Fugh no. It moves 32mm in one direction. Xmax. Savard is the only company I’ve ever seen that lists overall subwoofer movement which I’m gonna say this again, IT CONFUSES NOOBS. 

It certainly does....but you just proved my point. SOME companies give peak to peak and some linear. Im really not entirely sure why we are arguing 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

Just like we are often left to wonder if the Xmax was derived by Thiele, DUMAX or Klippel models.  

07 Dodge Ram Mega Cab 3500 SRW 5.9L Cummins Twin Turbos (fraternal not paternal;) 3x 12" 11sL7 2DVC wired to 1.3ohm on Nesa Encore TS Power TE-5000D amp, Kicker 6.5 Q class Components front and rear doors on Memphis PR4x50 amp, Big 6 upgrade for dual Group 34 Yellow tops. Pioneer DEH8400BH HU. 

2016 F6B Goldwing infinity Kappa 50.9CS(factory amp) front and 60.9CS rear(Taramps DS 160.2 Mini amp)

On 6/22/2020 at 6:20 AM, AaronT said:

All I know is the DC's better sound better. Lol

Please give us a review once you drop in the new subs... what are the specs of your box?

I also like to run 8" subs, currently running 3 DB Drive 8" WDX G2 and very impressed with the output and how low they get with just 1200 rms, just bought a 3000 rms amp but haven't installed it.

I have a kerf ported birch center shared port that's .75 cubes each sub after displacement. I believe that box is tuned to 33 hz 

Also have a doubled up mdf box, same specs, but not kerfed. Tuned to 36hz.

I will try them in both

On 6/25/2020 at 9:11 AM, AaronT said:

I have a kerf ported birch center shared port that's .75 cubes each sub after displacement. I believe that box is tuned to 33 hz 

I will try them in both

please let us know how both perform, I like how kerfed ports look specially when the are kerfed on each side of the port.

On 6/25/2020 at 12:11 PM, AaronT said:

I will try them in both

Post pictures. I wanna see the sexiness. I’m a bass pervert and if I can hear and touch, I wanna see. :boobies:

On 6/20/2020 at 4:49 PM, 1point21gigawatts said:

The same guy (gator1873) that is complaining about them cdt components that he read about and thought were the very best mids and highs out right now from what he read and got information pumped in his head by somebody on another forum is the same guy that recommended them savard hi-q8s to you. He hasn’t even got the enclosure built for the ones he has (he is trying to get triticum to design him an enclosure.) and has never physically heard them subwoofers and you blindly took his advice. Don’t get me wrong, they are good subwoofers. But don’t ever take advice from a noob that hasn’t even heard the product and is basing his advice off of what he has read online and a big d wiz video he watched about savard hi-q8s lol! I wouldn’t wait on them subwoofers when there are A BUNCH of better 8” subwoofers out there that are in that price range and available to order right now. 

This guy is a complete jerk! No i haven't installed my subs yet, yes I am new to car audio, but I have hear these subs in the Houston area in person. Dude you do nothing but post toxic crap. are you 12. Get a life. Don't assume things before asking. 

34 minutes ago, gator1873 said:

This guy is a complete jerk! No i haven't installed my subs yet, yes I am new to car audio, but I have hear these subs in the Houston area in person. Dude you do nothing but post toxic crap. are you 12. Get a life. Don't assume things before asking. 

I think you have mistaken me for a fool. I didn’t make an assumption. I observed and came to the correct conclusion before I spouted out. Thank you sir. But since you are new to car audio, you are not qualified to give somebody advice in regards to car audio and shouldn’t come on a car audio forum and give advice. That can cause other people that you are giving advice to to mess up or purchase the wrong product because they were misinformed. So call it what you want, call it toxic or rude or whatever. I’m gonna make sure that somebody doesn’t mess up or buy the wrong product because a noob tells them to and wastes their money. I called you out about it. And if that rubs you the wrong way then don’t give advice about something you barely know anything about and I won’t call you out on it. If I didn’t do it, somebody would eventually call you out if you are giving advice about something you hardly know anything about. People come here and other forums for the correct answers and help regarding car audio and not to get advice from noobs but to get advice from people who eat, breathe and sh!t car audio. 

Archived