Second Skin Audio

Help with 3 Sa-12 in a 4th order

I have two Sa-12 on a 4th order right now but I want to add another one to complete my build. My current box is this one https://www.caraudio.com/threads/final-thoughts-on-4th-order-blow-through.572337/

Can I make the sealed side 1 cuft bigger and add another 2.5 on the ported side? I would have to adjust the port to keep my tuned 45hz. Ill have to add another 12-15 port inches to my current 9x8 square opening? Maybe to 88-90 port inches? 9x10 or 8x11? Any input would be appreciated.

My current setup is big 3, 220a alternator with small 52mm pulley duralast gold battery everything ran in 1/0 wire. I have the Taramps Smart 3k. Planning on running it at 2.6ohms or .5 ohms.

Do you know what the chamber volumes are on your current box?  I could figured it out from the pics, but if you just know that would be easier 🙂

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

On my current box it has .8 sealed each chamber (can i remove the walls to have all 3 share one big chamber or does it have to be each to their own chamber?). And 5.30 after displacement (each sub has .15) it gets 5cuft.  I need the box to be 50" wide, 19" tall and no more than 29" long on the outside measurements. Here are my new box specs not sure if i did them correctly. I just need help with the port. Thanks let me know what you think. This box will be 50" wide, 19" tall and 24" long on the outside measurement.

Screenshot (46).png

Screenshot (48).png

Ok, lets assume you are going to go up to ~2.4 cu ft on the sealed side and ~7.5 cu ft on the ported side. With 3K of input power and a 45 hz tuning I would use no less than 120 sq in of port area.  

As far as your sealed chamber goes, you certainly can have all three subs in the same chamber.  One advantage to doing separate chambers for them though would be if you blow one sub your other two subs won't suddenly experience 50% more sealed volume, which could cause them to fail as well.  Its not a huge deal though.  

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."

Builds:

going with a 170sqinch will be having to make the square opening 13x13 to get 169sqinch and a 17.38inch deep to have 45hz. That would be less than 2inch from the bracing of the subs almost touching the back wall. This guy here had 6 sa12's on 144sqinch lol

http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/sundown-audio/75570-4th-order-discussion-sa12.html

7 hours ago, Jonathan91v8 said:

going with a 170sqinch will be having to make the square opening 13x13 to get 169sqinch and a 17.38inch deep to have 45hz. That would be less than 2inch from the bracing of the subs almost touching the back wall. This guy here had 6 sa12's on 144sqinch lol

http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/sundown-audio/75570-4th-order-discussion-sa12.html

Read my post again. 

Builds:

Archived