CDT Audio Review

gator1873

I purchased 2 sets of 6.5 speakers , one comp set and one co-ax set

http://cdtaudio.com/main_series/systpacks/com626cr.php    (link to product)

I was warned about these , but had to try em out, and they suck. complete garbage. Pushing 75 watts per

Components 

https://www.ctsounds.com/collections/component-speakers/products/meso-6-5-comp

coaxials

https://www.ctsounds.com/collections/meso-series-speakers/products/meso-6-5-coax

dont worry that the coaxials are only 60 watts rms. They will work. Just don’t clip them. Clean signal and then back a notch or 2 on the gain on the rear coaxial channels. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

This is also 1 of those things. People that say "sound like crap" and thats all they say have no idea what they're talking about.  Explain what crap sounds like to you.  Is there anything else you could have done?   Sounds like crap is a vague statement that means nothing 

1 minute ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

He probably has them wired to his head unit. So if he puts the EQs on flat or even if he sets the EQs and tinkers with them trying to find a good sound, even a noob can figure out if a speaker sounds good or not. It’s not like he has to worry about setting crossovers or anything that would overwhelm him and cause him error. He’s just hooking a set of speakers to a head unit and having to set EQs. If he can’t do that then he shouldn’t own a car audio system. But most likely he is capable of doing that. And he has heard good speakers before and has probably hooked them up in his vehicle and tuned his head unit to make them sound good. He can’t be stupid. So you have to think about it. Somebody could use Pyle for years and say Pyle is really good. But does that mean Pyle is really good? No. And remember, it’s about preference and opinion and he is entitled to that and has right to speak on that. If somebody told me a brand I use is crap, I wouldn’t say, “Ha” and start showing my ego to everybody. I would understand and respect that because of different opinions and preferences. I would try and lead them to a solution. I may talk junk or sideways sometimes but I’m here to help and am not gonna knock someone’s opinions or preferences. I did that a while back when it came to Skar because I was beefing with them over something but I let that shit go after speaking to a few people on here and them helping me realize things. You have been on the forum for a long time. No need to knock somebody’s preference and opinion and imply they don’t know how to tune something and that’s the flaw. The flaw is the way you are coming at this situation. Reassess it and come correct. That shit is rude as fugh. Don’t nobody deserve to be talked down to like that. Like you are of great importance and can talk down on somebody. You and him and the same. Y’all are both humans. People. Y’all breather the same fughin air. The only difference is the way y’all act and in my opinion, you are acting wrong and coming at this situation wrong. But that’s just my opinion. 

I'm not knocking anyone's preference. You just don't pay attention.  Saying "sounds like shit" is to vague.  Most people don't know what good sound actually sounds like and yes I hate saying that but its true 

12 minutes ago, ToNasty said:

I'm not knocking anyone's preference. You just don't pay attention.  Saying "sounds like shit" is to vague.  Most people don't know what good sound actually sounds like and yes I hate saying that but its true 

I feel you and I reread the OPs first post and he said pushing 75 watts rms per and that tells me he has them hooked to an amp so I was a little foolish on that one and I do apologize for that. He might have that amp tuned wrong and sounding like crap is a vague statement and personally if I thought a driver sounded bad I would explain the sound like them speakers sounded like the devil with hiccups and were hissing at me and shit and sputtering on certain frequencies. So again, you are right about that. I just thought you were going a little to hard when you said Ha. I don’t want people to be shunned away from this forum and I want them to feel welcomed. Because I already kinda went at the OP last time he was posting threads because he went against recommendations and I was wrong for that but I was only going at him because I wanted to help and was ticked that he wasn’t letting me help. So I had to reassess myself and learn for that. That people are gonna do what they want to do. But we can help them a long the way and try to help the hard headed ones that eventually find out for themselves and come back and ask for help. But I do feel like a douche a little bit and that post wasn’t meant to be any junk talk or sideways shit. I just speak my mind and my filter needs adjusting sometimes. Lol!

Wait wait.... Topic says CDT

Links show CT sounds....

Are they not two completely different companies.....

Thought CDT was legit and CT was shit...

07 Dodge Ram Mega Cab 3500 SRW 5.9L Cummins Twin Turbos (fraternal not paternal;) 3x 12" 11sL7 2DVC wired to 1.3ohm on Nesa Encore TS Power TE-5000D amp, Kicker 6.5 Q class Components front and rear doors on Memphis PR4x50 amp, Big 6 upgrade for dual Group 34 Yellow tops. Pioneer DEH8400BH HU. 

2016 F6B Goldwing infinity Kappa 50.9CS(factory amp) front and 60.9CS rear(Taramps DS 160.2 Mini amp)

9 hours ago, shane35fowler said:

Wait wait.... Topic says CDT

Links show CT sounds....

Are they not two completely different companies.....

Thought CDT was legit and CT was shit...

I was showing him what to get instead. Ct sounds was my first recommendation in a thread when he asked for recommendations. I might of recommended some other drivers. Idk but ct mesos are legit. For real for real. Ct sounds is the shit, not crap shit but good shit. Lol! Cdt isn’t bad but I’ve never been a fan. But it’s all about preference. I stuck to some other brands and remain loyal and some have done the same thing with cdt. Preference. I don’t recommend anything I wouldn’t use myself. So there is a fine line between preference and facts when it comes to recommendations and sometimes that line gets crossed unintentionally. But the way I look at it is if I wouldn’t use something, why would I recommend it to somebody else? That’s messed up thinking. But at the same time, just because I don’t use it doesn’t mean it isn’t good. So that’s the fine line and the somewhat paradox of the matter. 

Archived