CDT Audio Review

gator1873

1 hour ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

I was showing him what to get instead. Ct sounds was my first recommendation in a thread when he asked for recommendations. I might of recommended some other drivers. Idk but ct mesos are legit. For real for real. Ct sounds is the shit, not crap shit but good shit. Lol! Cdt isn’t bad but I’ve never been a fan. But it’s all about preference. I stuck to some other brands and remain loyal and some have done the same thing with cdt. Preference. I don’t recommend anything I wouldn’t use myself. So there is a fine line between preference and facts when it comes to recommendations and sometimes that line gets crossed unintentionally. But the way I look at it is if I wouldn’t use something, why would I recommend it to somebody else? That’s messed up thinking. But at the same time, just because I don’t use it doesn’t mean it isn’t good. So that’s the fine line and the somewhat paradox of the matter. 

The cts I heard wasn’t any better then my cdts lol 

2 hours ago, CstrokerV said:

The cts I heard wasn’t any better then my cdts lol 

The preference thing and being loyal thing comes into play and my loyalty doesn’t stand with cdt. Plus, we’re them ct sound speakers mesos? I don’t think they were because if they were then it’d make more sense you’d like the mesos more and maybe that dude didn’t have his amp tuned properly. There are too many variables to compare accurately. And if they were mesos and the amp was tuned properly then it boils down to your preference and opinion. Which could go either way. Personally I use Memphis mojo pro mids and highs because I’m loyal to Memphis since they were my first car audio love about 17 years ago. So I have to incorporate Memphis somewhere and plus they sound super good. I could get better sounding drivers but nothing major in sound difference but I don’t because I stay loyal and to me they are the shit. Fugh what the next guy thinks. Opinions. Preference. Tomaytos tamahtos. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

On 6/19/2020 at 7:04 PM, 1point21gigawatts said:

I was showing him what to get instead. Ct sounds was my first recommendation in a thread when he asked for recommendations. I might of recommended some other drivers. Idk but ct mesos are legit. For real for real. Ct sounds is the shit, not crap shit but good shit. Lol! Cdt isn’t bad but I’ve never been a fan. But it’s all about preference. I stuck to some other brands and remain loyal and some have done the same thing with cdt. Preference. I don’t recommend anything I wouldn’t use myself. So there is a fine line between preference and facts when it comes to recommendations and sometimes that line gets crossed unintentionally. But the way I look at it is if I wouldn’t use something, why would I recommend it to somebody else? That’s messed up thinking. But at the same time, just because I don’t use it doesn’t mean it isn’t good. So that’s the fine line and the somewhat paradox of the matter. 

Yea that's a good point. It's probably the drama that surrounded the Owner before he passed that got them a bad name. Never used their stuff personally. 

But I was under the impression CT sounds CS was crappy and their amps tend to like to do smoke shows.... However never seen it, only a friend of a friend of a friend type deal. It is always good to listen and THEN research and test anyway to make your own conclusions. 

07 Dodge Ram Mega Cab 3500 SRW 5.9L Cummins Twin Turbos (fraternal not paternal;) 3x 12" 11sL7 2DVC wired to 1.3ohm on Nesa Encore TS Power TE-5000D amp, Kicker 6.5 Q class Components front and rear doors on Memphis PR4x50 amp, Big 6 upgrade for dual Group 34 Yellow tops. Pioneer DEH8400BH HU. 

2016 F6B Goldwing infinity Kappa 50.9CS(factory amp) front and 60.9CS rear(Taramps DS 160.2 Mini amp)

1 hour ago, shane35fowler said:

Yea that's a good point. It's probably the drama that surrounded the Owner before he passed that got them a bad name. Never used their stuff personally. 

But I was under the impression CT sounds CS was crappy and their amps tend to like to do smoke shows.... However never seen it, only a friend of a friend of a friend type deal. It is always good to listen and THEN research and test anyway to make your own conclusions. 

There was a time they did go up in smoke just not as often that people said they did but was an issue at one point that’s why I’m assuming he had no questions ask warranty for awhile 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/18/2020 at 2:54 PM, 1point21gigawatts said:

I told you what to get before you bought them and then told you again once you announced about cdt. But you didn’t listen. 

Prob because your a toxic little jerk. What do you camp out on forums to post negative things? If someone doesn't listen to you advice there wrong? Go make me a sandwich. 

12 minutes ago, gator1873 said:

Prob because your a toxic little jerk. What do you camp out on forums to post negative things? If someone doesn't listen to you advice there wrong? Go make me a sandwich. 

I didn’t post anything negative. I told you that cdt wasn’t that good and you went and ordered them anyways and found out yourself. Even though them speakers aren’t that bad if you tune your head unit and/or amp correctly. I don’t see why you have to talk junk. You listened to other people’s advice and come to find out, you are the one who is wrong and don’t know how to tune an amp. Get out of here. Go order a sandwich and a dd1 to tune your gains and a cc1 to tune your filters. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

Go try out a nice pair of shure/sennheiser IEM's, if you don't like the sound, SQ might not be for you.

I find CDT drivers to be similar to vifa/scanspeak, no where near an end all be all SQ brand but they sound pretty damn good for the price you pay. 

Archived