Sundown Audio

Amp power terminal connector that fits

Granite

Trying to figure out how to get a 4 gauge wire onto an amp with a set-screw / clamp type power and ground terminal. 

Ive looked for spades and rings and nothing looks to be even remotely close to the small size the amp has allocated.  

Amp is a focal r-4280 which I will bridge to my k2 powers at 170w x 2.  I’m trying to keep this as clean looking as possible, so I would hate to just plug in bare wire (even if that’s considered a slightly better connection).

How does everyone normally connect to these kinds of amps?  Can I just use a 4 to 8 gauge wire reducer? 

F64946B9-FFD0-4568-84D6-2F565694D690.jpeg

Just run 8-10ga wire... With 30a of fusing, 4ga is wayyy overkill unless it's a super loooong wire run.

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

7 hours ago, Granite said:

Trying to figure out how to get a 4 gauge wire onto an amp with a set-screw / clamp type power and ground terminal. 

Ive looked for spades and rings and nothing looks to be even remotely close to the small size the amp has allocated.  

Amp is a focal r-4280 which I will bridge to my k2 powers at 170w x 2.  I’m trying to keep this as clean looking as possible, so I would hate to just plug in bare wire (even if that’s considered a slightly better connection).

How does everyone normally connect to these kinds of amps?  Can I just use a 4 to 8 gauge wire reducer? 

F64946B9-FFD0-4568-84D6-2F565694D690.jpeg

You could run 4 gauge to a distribution block then 10 gauge out of that to the amp. That’s only if you plan to upgrade otherwise with only 30amps you could get away with 8 gauge for up to about 19-20 feet

Archived