Sonic Electronix

Ok and what do you mean double up on runs but I’m also gonna upgrade soon aswell gonna get me 2 zv5 15 with the sundown salt 6 down4sound has a package deal comes with wires too but I’m gonna have to get another battery to keep up with the power 

You said the grounds are 3 feet on the batteries. That’s too long. 18” or less for ANY ground, amp or battery. The only grounds that can be a LITTLE BIT longer are from the negative positive to the alternator ground if that’s one of the upgrades you choose or the the engine block to frame ground. Battery grounds and amp grounds have to be 18” or less for optimal voltage. And if you are gonna upgrade to a salt series amplifier, I would get a different alternator instead of that one you have. Because Korean built sundown amps draw a good bit of current. Especially them new salt amps. I would get a different alternator from JS or brand x and delete the battery under the hood and switch out the rear agm for a lithium battery or lithium bank. And double up on big 3 runs and amp and ground runs. You can’t be running a half ass alternator on a top notch set up. But for now, shorten the grounds, clean up the runs by grounding the amps to the chassis instead of the battery (because the battery is grounded long anyways, so not a good ground for amps) and order an external regular which for the most part, stops the decrease of voltage that comes from heat (because all internal regulators in alternators decrease in voltage because of the engine heat) and allows you to rest at a higher voltage than 14.5. That’s why your alternator reads 14.5 sometimes and then 14 at other times. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

Archived