Sonic Electronix

Recommendations for system with stock electrical and this box.

I currently have 2 DDaudio 200 series 10s with a DDaudio dm500a 500rms amp. Stock electrical system. 4ga wiring. This is in a 2019 4runner. 

I dont want to add extra batteries, no HO alternators, i dont want to change the 4ga out. Would like to be able to install the amp under front passenger seat like it is now. So no big (size) amps. But still want a bit more bass. 

I want to keep 10s, would like to keep the box i have now, the specs are below. So with all that being said.... What subs and amp would you recommend ?

Width 30.25
Height 13.75
Depth 19
Vent Width 4
Vent Height 12.25
Vent Depth 24
Gross Cubic Feet Per Side 1.8
Net Cubic Feet Per Side 1.5
HZ 30

Back in the day, 2005, i had a couple DD3512s, 4000 watts, 3 batteries, HO alternator... Then went overseas and got injured, spent about 10 years not driving, now im back driving again and HAD TO HAVE more bass. Bought the setup i got now and im a little underwhelmed. I dont want to be hitting 150s.... But would like more than this. Thanks for any advice you can give. 

Singer 250amp Alt, Singer PCM bypass harness

Titan8 Lithium Underhood safe BCI PWR-S5

Big 3 W/ dual runs of power/ground. All 1/0awg OFC

SounDigital EVO 5K amp, Two 15" Fi SSD subs

Next Level Fabrication @ 7 cubes net, tuned to 32HZ 

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those subs can handle more power get a 1K Amp.

1127E3D8-1496-4D70-9348-57D5C1F736B2.png

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

C79A4E7E-4070-409C-87E0-F591AD6BADE0.png

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Im not apposed to getting a bigger amp, But im not sure what they could handle for long periods. This is my daily driver and i play music for a couple hours a day in it. They are rated at 100-300 rms each. So 500 for the pair seemed proper. You think they could actually handle 4-500 each for an hour?

I have played them for over an hour with this amp and there was NO smell and no heat that was noticeable from the outside of the sub. The amp was a bit hot though. 

210D  
Driver Size (In): 10  
Watts RMS: 100 - 300  
Peak Power: 900  

DD makes great subs , I’m sure there subs are all under rated on RMS . I’m running 3 DD slim 10’s and they say like 500rms but I’m running around 2K on them. I would upgrade the amp first before subs.I would go with the Sundown SFB before the Skar. Measure your height U need though cause there a little on the tall side.

Damn that sundown is TINY. Just watched the bench test on it, its a little powerhouse. That would definitely fit where i want it. Thanks for the recommendation. 

I guess i could just get that amp and see what happens. If the subs start to overheat i could then look into other subs. Though at that point i wouldnt want to NEED ANOTHER new amp for the new subs LOL

And i agree about DD subs. I miss my 3512s, but not enough to spend that type of money again. If i do end up needing new subs with the sundown amp i would want to stay under 250 each 10" sub. 

I cant find the dimensions for the sundown anywhere though. If they are tall i do need that. I might have to send sundown a message i guess. 

4 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

They are about 2” tall

Oh ok, the amp i have under the seat now is about 1.85" and there is still some room, so 2" would be fine. 

Do you have one of these sfb-1000d? Like it?

And thanks for the info

And that amp won’t overheat or hurt them subwoofers unless you clip them subwoofers from having the gain too high. Use a distortion detector. No need in shorting yourself and not getting enough bass and no need in overdoing it and clipping your subwoofers into submission. Make a distortion detector. I’ll show you. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

Archived