Sonic Electronix

Recommendations for system with stock electrical and this box.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You rock, thanks man! And that looks like a very easy way to set the gain correctly and avoid clipping. 

I used a multimeter when setting the gain on the amp i have now, did 500 watts times 1 ohm, squared, and then got as close to 22.3v as i could. The little bass remote with this amp has a little light that shows when the amp is clipping, and it still quickly flashes for a split second on the very deep bass hits, and mostly when under 35hz. 

I will measure under my seat, but hopefully 2.5" will still be fine. 

Singer 250amp Alt, Singer PCM bypass harness

Titan8 Lithium Underhood safe BCI PWR-S5

Big 3 W/ dual runs of power/ground. All 1/0awg OFC

SounDigital EVO 5K amp, Two 15" Fi SSD subs

Next Level Fabrication @ 7 cubes net, tuned to 32HZ 

You are welcome! And that’s dope that the bass knob has a clip meter. And really it was Ron that found you a spot on amp for them subwoofers. I didn’t do anything but add in some commentary and information to make you secure with that. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

You both are very helpful. Much appreciated. 

And according to that video you posted with the dimensions, the sundown also has a clip meter. But using the capacitor might be a better indicator, as it will make sound when the clip is a steady clip. And the lights on the knobs flicker when any clip starts. I talked with Digital Designs and they told me not to worry if the light is only flickering for a second, there is nothing to worry about unless the light stays on for a couple seconds straight.

And that amp will definitely fit at 2.5". There will still be some room for it to breath as well.... Plus i have AC floor vents under there beside where the amp will go. That should also help keep the amp cool. 

Now to decide where to get this amp from. 

Oh i know, i watched it when you first posted it. A cap inline with a speaker. Easy enough!! 

I replaced all the mids/highs in my vehicle so have plenty of cheap speakers sitting around to use. I will order a couple of those caps. As cheap as they are id rather get a couple... Just in case... 

Read the comments in the video specifically Tony D’Amore ...further more you don’t set amps at clipping you do it at 1% t.h.d which the video didn’t show or pay any attention to where it was and what the speaker did if anything

Archived