The wife traded the Jeep TrailHawk in a week ago for a more affordable payment.  To my surprise she came home in this:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Nicest car i have ever had the privileged to dry off.  I drove this all last weekend and wow what a car.

Monday was hard to drive the Lancer because its just not a Benz.  lol It is lighting a fire under my ass

to work on the Malibu.

spacer.png

Floating screen with all the integration to the car and its systems is really nice.  A bit complex to navigate thru but once you read the manual it is easier.

spacer.png

It has the Burmester system in it and once i tuned it i was a bit impressed with the sound. I have done some research and it could be better with a little love but there will be no plans to do that.

spacer.png

3.5" in the doors & 1" tweeters in the sail panel. Sound stage is nice and high on the dash.

spacer.png

Rear doors are the same set up.

spacer.png

4" drivers under the dash.... ?

spacer.png

The C-Class gets 13 speaker, a nine channel amplifier for a total of 590 watts.  (7x50w) & (2x120w) for 8" bass driver that i might switch out at some point.

The lowest frequencies are aided by Mercedes’ ‘frontbass’ technology, where the woofers are built into the front of the car body instead of the doors. The tech uses the driver and passenger footwells as acoustic horns to boost sound pressure.

So the floor speakers sound like the could use upgraded.

spacer.png

I found this wiring in the trunk and i knew it was a RF power & signal plugs.  Wires were soldered they just put electrical tape on instead of heat shrink.  Wires are coming from pre-amp side and power and ground seem to be run properly which tells me a shop did the work.  I will clean it up some when the time comes.

spacer.png

So since the wiring is there and i want to surprise the wife with a little bass but not take up to much of the trunk.  I ordered this set up yesterday and got a smoking deal for it.  Be here in about a week, i will have to sneak it in and not tell her about it,  taking the car to the car wash dear... lol

I thought about the 10" but the 12" was really close to the same cost and i know she likes her beats!

Huge upgrade from a Jeep U and her will both be happy

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

It was a pleasure to drive and that car wants to cruz at 80+,  hard to keep it at the speed limit.  Way impressed for a 2.0 turbo.

spacer.png

We bought new tires Friday to save the winter tires that it came with.

spacer.png

Mercedes design is smaller tires in the rear than the front, height wise.

spacer.png

225/45/18 on the front

245/40/18 on the rear.

we went 100 miles out of town this weekend and it drove like a dream.  The faster you go the easier it is to drive.  still working on detailing the car every time i wash it.  Still waiting on the sub to show up.

spacer.png

I spent most of the weekend cleaning and detailing the wifes car.  Here i removed carpet and cardboard trunk floor. Notice where the power wire is running.

spacer.png

removed second trunk panel to get to a fuse box and Amp.

spacer.png

All this was taped together, didn't look that good imo.

spacer.png

I crimped ferules on the positive and negative, heat shrink-ed them and finished it off with loom and moer heat shrink.

spacer.png

I re-taped the high level speaker signal and i will zip tie it to the power loom when the sub gets here.  Which i must say living here sucks!  amazon takes forever and even the car audio shop i ordered it from 2 weeks ago doesn't have it yet. i did not have any 3/8 loom for the signal wire which bummed me out.

spacer.png

This is what it looked like before.

spacer.png

Trunk back together without wiring stick out everywhere.  I did chase it to the battery and it is done up right.  

Happy forth of July

• 2 months later...

spacer.png

I replaced all filters and cleaned up under the hood some.

spacer.png

Sub finally showed up.  I was funny, a week before it arrived the wife said her system might need a little something so i told what i ordered.  She was surprised and happy with it.

spacer.png

Everything plugged right in, it is tidier looking now.

spacer.png

I think it really adds depth to the system.  For $200 it was worth it. You can over power the rest of the system which is 560 watts but tuned right with the gain know you can blend it in nicely.

• 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, bcbrassard said:

I pulled the sub, wife didn't like how much space it was taking up. 10 sub would stand up and take up a lot less room.  But not anytime soon.

Is that the 12”? My wife has the 10” and is looking for the 12... trade up?? Haha

‘16 ram. Net Audio. Taramps. JL. DS18.  Fox Acoustics. XS Power. 226.08” of DC Audio blue carbon fiber. 

Archived