Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Yeah man that would work, but the SFB-200.4D is 140 watts per channel at 2ohm, which would be 70 watts per speaker. Less after rise. 

 

But the 500.4 is 320 watts per channel at 2ohm. 160 per speaker, less after rise.

 

My stock speakers range from 100wrms to 140wrms.  So i may need that 500.4...  But the kenwoods may not handle that much in the real world. 

 

 

Singer 250amp Alt, Singer PCM bypass harness

Titan8 Lithium Underhood safe BCI PWR-S5

Big 3 W/ dual runs of power/ground. All 1/0awg OFC

SounDigital EVO 5K amp, Two 15" Fi SSD subs

Next Level Fabrication @ 7 cubes net, tuned to 32HZ 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mods include magnaflow exhaust, full suspension lift with 33" tires and new wheels, BMC, bumper trim, full weld on sliders, skid plates, dark tint, blacked out emblems, LED interior lights and a few o

In my garage/man cave... And @Ron36 I read on another post that you're a technician... So you might like the second picture... A buddy of mine cut that out with his laser for my garage bar.

I love this thread , Your Audio Addiction is back , It’s starts out just wanting a tiny bit more and moves to new box, battery , subs and amp, all of us on this site suffer from this addiction and it’

Posted Images

OK... May not go with the single 18... May go with two 15s... Lots more cone area. Too many options. I got until the box builder gets to my box to decide. 

Singer 250amp Alt, Singer PCM bypass harness

Titan8 Lithium Underhood safe BCI PWR-S5

Big 3 W/ dual runs of power/ground. All 1/0awg OFC

SounDigital EVO 5K amp, Two 15" Fi SSD subs

Next Level Fabrication @ 7 cubes net, tuned to 32HZ 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah im thinking two 15's at 1 ohm.  Two 18s would require a box larger than id like to have. 

 

7-8.5 cubes for 2 15"s, depending on the model i choose (VS) 10-14 cubes for 2 18s. 

 

Plus im set up to go from the 2k to the 3k... But any larger and the amp wont fit under my front seat anymore, and my dual 1/0 awg is going to be too short. I guess i could possibly install a distro block under the seat, then run more power wires to the back... But then it would be way more difficult to take everything out of my cargo area. At this point im trying to get as much as i can while still be able to empty my cargo area for use by just unplugging the subwoofer box and pulling it out. And that caps me at the SFB3K.

 

If i go with the SAv2 15s, the 3K would work well and my box could be only 7 cubes net. The SFB3K seems to be the normal amp used for 2 sav2 subs. I know of a couple people using 4-5Ks on them, but they also comment about smelling them on occasion. Lots of factors there.... But the 3K seems to be a great pairing anyway.  

 

I could also go with two U series... But they'll be under powered, especially after rise, and i will definitely want more power to them....

 

So for now im thinking i will go with 2 SAv2 15" subs, with an SFB3K, in about 7 cubes tuned to  about 32hz. The box builder im using is very familiar with all of these sundown subs so i will give him a little bit of free will building the box to the subs/power/vehicle im planning. 

 

Compared to what i have installed right now, that will give me 1000rms more power, subs with 500rms more power handling, and 127 more square inches of cone area. I dont expect to triple my output, BUT.... Maybe that will satisfy me, at least for a few years LOL

  • Like (+1 Rep) 1

Singer 250amp Alt, Singer PCM bypass harness

Titan8 Lithium Underhood safe BCI PWR-S5

Big 3 W/ dual runs of power/ground. All 1/0awg OFC

SounDigital EVO 5K amp, Two 15" Fi SSD subs

Next Level Fabrication @ 7 cubes net, tuned to 32HZ 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I vote for 2-15's too! Too bad you couldn't remove the logo from the plexiglass. You could have lit up the inside of the box to show off the speaker baskets. 

2000 Toyota Solara SEV6, 200 amp alternator, Jensen VX7020, Hifonics American Warrior Taurus X, Hifonics American Warrior Centurion X, JBL Club 6500C, Power Acoustik XP2K-4102, Coustic Power Logic HT-612 in a BP4.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BP1Fanatic said:

I vote for 2-15's too! Too bad you couldn't remove the logo from the plexiglass. You could have lit up the inside of the box to show off the speaker baskets. 

 

Yeah i have already told the box builder im switching to 2 15s. I think that will be better. 

 

And honestly i like it with the reaper decal... I wouldnt like lights going while i was driving, and i never have the music going when im not in the car, so the lights would be pointless for me. But the next owner of that box can remove the reaper decal and add lights if they choose.

 

Well thats if they even end up selling... I have listed the DD system for sale in a few places for about half of what i paid, even though they were only used a couple weeks and look and function as new, and im still getting low-balled and getting trade offers for chainsaws and crap. Id rather let gear collect dust in my garage forever than to sell my gear for a quarter of the cost when its like new LOL

Edited by Backwoods

Singer 250amp Alt, Singer PCM bypass harness

Titan8 Lithium Underhood safe BCI PWR-S5

Big 3 W/ dual runs of power/ground. All 1/0awg OFC

SounDigital EVO 5K amp, Two 15" Fi SSD subs

Next Level Fabrication @ 7 cubes net, tuned to 32HZ 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Backwoods said:

 

Yeah i have already told the box builder im switching to 2 15s. I think that will be better. 

 

And honestly i like it with the reaper decal... I wouldnt like lights going while i was driving, and i never have the music going when im not in the car, so the lights would be pointless for me. But the next owner of that box can remove the reaper decal and add lights if they choose.

 

Well thats if they even end up selling... I have listed the DD system for sale in a few places for about half of what i paid, even though they were only used a couple weeks and look and function as new, and im still getting low-balled and getting trade offers for chainsaws and crap. Id rather let gear collect dust in my garage forever than to sell my gear for a quarter of the cost when its like new LOL

That sucks dude. I know that feeling. Just block them. That’s what I do. I don’t even negotiate with low balls because statistically, it’s almost impossible for the buyer and seller to make an agreement when the buyer’s offer is so low. So on OfferUp, I say something then immediately block them and not even give them a chance to respond because there’s no need to ever do business with them. At work when a customer makes a crazy low offer on a vehicle I just say no and move on and forget about that interaction like it never happened. I think in my head, can you go to a private owned store or restaurant and haggle with them? No. So why try and haggle with me? Like posting a vehicle on marketplace for $8000 and then G homie pimp slice with a gansta fabulous Facebook screen name says $5000 cash. Lol!

Edited by 1point21gigawatts

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

That sucks dude. I know that feeling. Just block them. That’s what I do. I don’t even negotiate with low balls because statistically, it’s almost impossible for the buyer and seller to make an agreement when the buyer’s offer is so low. So on OfferUp, I say something then immediately block them and not even give them a chance to respond because there’s no need to ever do business with them. At work when a customer makes a crazy low offer on a vehicle I just say no and move on and forget about that interaction like it never happened. I think in my head, can you go to a private owned store or restaurant and haggle with them? No. So why try and haggle with me? Like posting a vehicle on marketplace for $8000 and then G homie pimp slice with a gansta fabulous Facebook screen name says $5000 cash. Lol!

HAHA!! For real... Did Mr. Pimp Slice think you were asking for $8000 in monopoly money, starbucks gift cards, or food stamps? :D

 

I already listed the stuff super cheap... The DD 10" subs, enclosure and DD amp for 350... Guy hits me up and says Will you take 200... Im like, I will take 200 for just the amp... Or 200 for just the subs and box.... Then he is like how about 225 for everything... BLOCKED. 

 

Another guy asks, whats the lowest you will go, im like 325 if you come to me and get it... He says i can do 300. NOPE. Shoot for a friend i would totally do 300 if they came and got it, but someone i dont know trying to haggle me like that... I will PASS. I got receipts paying over 700 from an authorized dealer just last month. 

 

Then this genius.... He wins the ignorance award, he asks me if i will take any trades. I say the ONLY trade i would be interested in is a sundown SFB3K, because im literally selling this to fund that... He says how about a chainsaw and shows me an OLD DISCONTINUED beat up dirty chainsaw.... BLOCKED. 

 

People are slap insane. Im all for people making reasonable offers... But lets get serious here. Im not a crack head looking for a fix. If you cant come close to my asking price, move along. 

Edited by Backwoods

Singer 250amp Alt, Singer PCM bypass harness

Titan8 Lithium Underhood safe BCI PWR-S5

Big 3 W/ dual runs of power/ground. All 1/0awg OFC

SounDigital EVO 5K amp, Two 15" Fi SSD subs

Next Level Fabrication @ 7 cubes net, tuned to 32HZ 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Backwoods said:

HAHA!! For real... Did Mr. Pimp Slice think you were asking for $8000 in monopoly money, starbucks gift cards, or food stamps? :D

 

I already listed the stuff super cheap... The DD 10" subs, enclosure and DD amp for 350... Guy hits me up and says Will you take 200... Im like, I will take 200 for just the amp... Or 200 for just the subs and box.... Then he is like how about 225 for everything... BLOCKED. 

 

Another guy asks, whats the lowest you will go, im like 325 if you come to me and get it... He says i can do 300. NOPE. Shoot for a friend i would totally do 300 if they came and got it, but someone i dont know trying to haggle me like that... I will PASS.

 

Then this genius.... He wins the ignorance award, he asks me if i will take any trades. I say the ONLY trade i would be interested in is a sundown SFB3K, because im literally selling this to fund that... He says how about a chainsaw and shows me an OLD DISCONTINUED beat up dirty chainsaw.... BLOCKED. 

 

People are slap insane. Im all for people making reasonable offers... But lets get serious here. Im not a crack head looking for a fix. If you cant come close to my asking price, move along. 

How much did you pay for the products?

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Who's Online   2 Members, 0 Anonymous, 130 Guests (See full list)




×
×
  • Create New...