2 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

I would get the sa’s for sure. They are built like tanks and in the future you you could put a sfb3000d on them, easy with no problems or worries. Them sa’s are the sh!t would still be hungry on that sfb3000d. But once you learn more then you can push the envelope a little more. Sundown subwoofers do better in larger enclosures and can still handle double or triple the rated rms in a larger than recommended enclosure.

Thanks man.

Would the SAs still be getting enough power to perform well with only 500rms each? The ones I'm looking at are rated at 750 each.... They'll be in 1.5 cube, net, each side. A little bigger than recommended.

I don't wanna go over 1000rms. If I did... Then I'd be going down the rabbit hole and start feeling the need to get a HO alternator, extra batts, bigger wiring ECT... And at that point... I'd decide to get even bigger amps, four 12" subs... Then eight 10 inch subs... Then 50 12s, 100 tens... it would never end LOL 

That's an exaggeration obviously, but I've been down that road before. As long as I stay at 1000rms, I won't feel the need to upgrade electrical, and that's what keeps me from going too deep.

Singer 250amp Alt, Singer PCM bypass harness

Titan8 Lithium Underhood safe BCI PWR-S5

Big 3 W/ dual runs of power/ground. All 1/0awg OFC

SounDigital EVO 5K amp, Two 15" Fi SSD subs

Next Level Fabrication @ 7 cubes net, tuned to 32HZ 

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You aren’t factoring in impedance rise. None of the 1 ohm loads you hook that amp to will stay at 1 ohm and will rise to around 2-3ohms, thus not getting that 1 ohm rms. The sa’s are rated at 1000 rms a piece, check the website. There are new specs for them. And a sfb3000d would put out a little less than 1000 rms per subwoofer after impedance rise. So that sfb3000d would be giving them subwoofers rated rms. I wouldn’t tell you something that would get your subwoofers blown. I’m in the business of helping people, not getting them in a messed up predicament. I have 2 3500 rms subwoofers wired to a .7 ohm load and they are going on a 12000 rms at 1 ohm amp that is rated at 12.6v, so it puts out more than 12000 rms at 14.4v and plus it puts out even more at .7 ohm. But I have factored in impedance rise and the minimal voltage drop and the fact that good subwoofers can handle more rms than rated, even after rise. Dude, sundown subwoofers are know for handling a stupid amount of rms and their amps are known for putting out a stupid amount of rms. Just go on YouTube and look up some sa’s and look at what people are throwing on them. If you’re not gonna upgrade your amp then it’s pointless to upgrade subwoofers because there will be no gain whatsoever and it would be a waste of money. Why would you buy subwoofers just to deprive them of what they want? That’s crazy dude. You are good with them dd subwoofers. Save your money unless you plan on upgrading the amp.

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

14 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

You aren’t factoring in impedance rise. None of the 1 ohm loads you hook that amp to will stay at 1 ohm and rise to around 2-3ohms, thus not getting that 1 ohm rms. The sa’s are rated at 1000 rms a piece, check the website. There are new specs for them. And on a sfb3000d would put out a little less than 1000 rms per subwoofer after impedance rise. So that sfb3000d would be giving them subwoofers rated rms. I wouldn’t tell you something that would get your subwoofers blown. I’m in the business of helping people, not getting them in a messed up predicament. I have 2 3500 rms subwoofers wired you a .7 ohm load and they are going on a 12000 rms at 1 ohm amp that is rated at 12.6v, so it puts out more than 12000 rms at 14.4v and plus it puts out even more at .7 ohm. But I have factored in impedance rise and the minimal voltage drop and the fact that good subwoofers can handle more rms than rated even after rise. Dude, sundown subwoofers are know for handling a stupid amount of rms and their amps are known for putting out a stupid amount of rms. Just go on YouTube and look up some sa’s and look at what people are throwing on them. If you’re not gonna upgrade your amp then it’s pointless to upgrade subwoofers because there will be no gain whatsoever and it would be a waste of money. Why would you buy subwoofers just to deprive them of what they want? That’s crazy dude. You are good with them dd subwoofers. Save your money unless you plan on upgrading the amp.

It looks like they sell different versions of the SA subs, some of them are 750rms, and then a newer version with 1000rms. ? The authorized online dealer I'm looking at sells both.?

If the DDs can effectively handle the new amp without any issues I will keep them. But I'm doubling the power, I'm currently running the DD amp that's 500rms before impedence rise, and I'm replacing it with the sundown 1000rms amp.

Are you saying with the 1000 watt amp, switching the DD subs out for the sundowns would make no difference? All the sundown SA specs look better than the DD 200 series sub specs. If it will make no difference at all I definitely won't upgrade LOL

And I really appreciate your help bud, I'm listening to all your advice and using it to learn.

There would be hardly any difference. It would be a waste of money. And tune that gain on that sfb amp correctly so there is no distortion. Use a dd1 or a home made distortion detector. Either or. If you have the money, the dd1 is the way to go. If you don’t have the money then the home made distortion detector is the way to go. I’ll post a video and link so you know how to make one and what kind of capacitor to connect to the positive terminal of the distortion detector speaker (or tweeter). 

Thanks man. I ordered a couple of them capacitors and will definitely use one to set the gain. 

Lol I forgot that we already spoke on this. My bad. And I remember about the clip meter on the bass knob that comes with that amp. Just turn the head unit volume all the way up and make sure the gain is turned down and the subwoofers aren’t connected and then play a -3db 40hz test tone off of YouTube and then creep up on that amps gain until you see the clip meter go off then back up a little until it goes off. Done and done and bass on.

35 minutes ago, Backwoods said:

It looks like they sell different versions of the SA subs, some of them are 750rms, and then a newer version with 1000rms. ? The authorized online dealer I'm looking at sells both.?

If the DDs can effectively handle the new amp without any issues I will keep them. But I'm doubling the power, I'm currently running the DD amp that's 500rms before impedence rise, and I'm replacing it with the sundown 1000rms amp.

Are you saying with the 1000 watt amp, switching the DD subs out for the sundowns would make no difference? All the sundown SA specs look better than the DD 200 series sub specs. If it will make no difference at all I definitely won't upgrade LOL

And I really appreciate your help bud, I'm listening to all your advice and using it to learn.

You’re welcome dude! I love bass and I love to help. So it’s no problem and a win win. 

8 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

You’re welcome dude! I love bass and I love to help. So it’s no problem and a win win. 

How do you know if the 40hz test tone is -3db? 

I can't find a link to any YouTube videos that say -3db 40hz, do you know of any?

Archived