Got the amp this morning and installed it. Downloaded a frequency generator app for subwoofer testing and used that and a DMM to help set the gains. The DMM method works great really... If you do it correctly, it sets the amp right below clipping. With both amps, 1-1.5 volts more created clipping and I could see the clip meter light up.

Anyways, doubling the power made a very noticeable difference, especially at lower volumes. Glad I got this new amp. I'm happy with the output and don't feel the need to get new subs.

Don't know what I'll do with that DD amp now. It's a great amp, only been used a couple weeks... I just wanted more power.

IMG_20200626_094829061.jpg

IMG_20200626_101604368.jpg

Singer 250amp Alt, Singer PCM bypass harness

Titan8 Lithium Underhood safe BCI PWR-S5

Big 3 W/ dual runs of power/ground. All 1/0awg OFC

SounDigital EVO 5K amp, Two 15" Fi SSD subs

Next Level Fabrication @ 7 cubes net, tuned to 32HZ 

Got a new box today... For 2 12” subs. Too good of a deal to pass up.

Now I need some 12s 

IMG_20200630_140149131.jpg

2 12" SA classics, and the SFB2000D have been ordered. With this box, i think i will love this setup.

I will prolly run the SAs on the sfb1000d for a week or 2, let them break in a little with lower wattage and just to see how they do with 1000 rms. 

Then I will do big 3 with 0awg wire at the same time i install the 2000d amp and run some 0awg for the new amp, since i currently have 4awg to the 1000d. I will see how my electrical handles it and then see if i need to add another battery or just change out the main battery or what. Hoping i wont need a new alternator. 

You guys are ALL BAD INFLUENCES. 

1 hour ago, Backwoods said:

2 12" SA classics, and the SFB2000D have been ordered. With this box, i think i will love this setup.

I will prolly run the SAs on the sfb1000d for a week or 2, let them break in a little with lower wattage and just to see how they do with 1000 rms. 

Then I will do big 3 with 0awg wire at the same time i install the 2000d amp and run some 0awg for the new amp, since i currently have 4awg to the 1000d. I will see how my electrical handles it and then see if i need to add another battery or just change out the main battery or what. Hoping i wont need a new alternator. 

You guys are ALL BAD INFLUENCES. 

Or if you look at it the way we do, we are good influences that are giving you advice that will make you happy. Think of me as a guardian bass advisor. Lol! I’m happy for you right now and can’t wait to see it. Bass on dude. And just add at least a big agm in the rear and you’ll be good. At least a 120ah. But you should get a 140ah. A Shuriken bt140 would do the trick. It isn’t expensive and it’s good. They compared them to Xs and kinetic and they were pretty much the same. Of course the xs was a little better. But not much. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

7 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

Or if you look at it the way we do, we are good influences that are giving you advice that will make you happy. Think of me as a guardian bass advisor. Lol!

Haha! Do advisors let me borrow their debit cards? Because that would be an even bigger help 😆

1 minute ago, Backwoods said:

Haha! Do advisors let me borrow their debit cards? Because that would be an even bigger help 😆

Lol! Let me borrow your debt card. You probably make more money than me and definitely spend less than me on car audio.

Just now, 1point21gigawatts said:

Lol! Let me borrow your debt card. You probably make more money than me and definitely spend less than me on car audio.

I live on military disability... So HOPEFULLY you make more than me LOL

So which of these 2 is actually better?

Screenshot_20200702-010541.png

The shuriken bt140. For sure. That d3400 is only 65ah. That bt140 is 140ah. Shuriken batteries are official and put out the amp hours it’s rated at. You need reserve so more amp hours is what you want. 

Thanks man! I have an extra spot under my hood where I can put a second battery. So maybe that'll be my next project. Just have to get a battery tray setup for it and then research if I need an isolator or anything.

Dude... I just seen It says that thing weighs 91 pounds... That's insane. 

Archived