I saw your holes in your firewall , U have the wire wrapped great but I would use these to keep air and water out of your car they adjust to your wire size and are weather proof and are very cheep.

87B3A52D-8EBC-4732-B547-4B319FEB40C3.png

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

29 minutes ago, Ron36 said:

I saw your holes in your firewall , U have the wire wrapped great but I would use these to keep air and water out of your car they adjust to your wire size and are weather proof and are very cheep.

87B3A52D-8EBC-4732-B547-4B319FEB40C3.png

Man Those Would be great!!

But.... It looks like i would have to pull the wires back out to use them, and i CAUGHT HELL trying to fit all that thick wire hidden neatly going to the amp. 

I do offroad quite a bit, in pretty deep mud and some water occasionally, but the top of the engine bay still only gets the occasional splashes, my vehicle is lifted a few inches which helps some... HOPEFULLY i will be OK. Some hot air will enter im sure, but hopefully no water will... If it does i will have to come up with a solution, either re-run the wires of use a spray foam insulation... Which i may go ahead and do before it becomes an issue..

Singer 250amp Alt, Singer PCM bypass harness

Titan8 Lithium Underhood safe BCI PWR-S5

Big 3 W/ dual runs of power/ground. All 1/0awg OFC

SounDigital EVO 5K amp, Two 15" Fi SSD subs

Next Level Fabrication @ 7 cubes net, tuned to 32HZ 

Dual inputs arrived and installed today... Lots of wire running into this tiny amp.

IMG_20200716_123618170.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I got a custom box in the works for a single sundown X18 now.... Kerf ported, high gloss stain, subs up port back, should be sweet!! 

What can i say... I have issues. About a 4 week wait on the box though.  No rush, i will have to save my pennies up for a while to get the X18 and i have a good setup now to hold me over. 

My alternator ships this week as well. So thats cool too! 

That’s only a little bit more cone area than what you already have and can handle the same amount of rms as what you have. That’s a waste of money dude. Why do you wanna do that? And do you have any other ideas for an upgrade? 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

It's a different type of subwoofer, plays lows better... I dunno man, I heard a single X15 on 2k that was just nasty bro. Same amp I have with less cone area and it was better than my 2 12s on low frequencies. My 12s MIGHT of metered higher, but the X15 got lower and sounded better down there...  So I figure an X18 with 3K would be even better than that 15. Cone area is just one factor in the equation. But with an 18 I'll have a tad more, but also have a sub designed to go low.

And I barely ever have any ideas in advance :D, they just come, and I'm a spur of the moment type of person.

If for any reason the X18 doesn't do it for me I'll sell it and throw the 2 12s back in... Eventually I'll find the absolute perfect setup for me. 

I could always go up to U12s in the box I have now and throw a 5K on it... But in that case I could throw a 5K on the X18 if I was careful too. People do it.

I told y'all in the beginning I was trying to avoid going down the rabbit hole... Y'all thought I was playing. Every setup In every vehicle is different. Everyone has different goals and preferences. And it takes a bit to find exactly what works best for you and your vehicle. I'm the type that I have to find my "perfect" before I'm satisfied.

Hell my last favorite system, more than a decade ago, took over 6 months to figure out and build, even once I found the sub I loved, it took 3 boxes for that sub before I was truly happy and left it alone. All 3 boxes were professionally built, but the last one sounded tons better. The first one was built to exact specs. The last one was larger than called for and changed the tune slightly but it really made a big difference.

Oh definitely. I actually may end up doing 2 amps for mids/highs. I got 8 speakers so i will need to figure that out.

Whats weird is, before i hooked up my subwoofers and amp, the mids and highs were change out... And, especially the 6x9s, had really good mid bass, but now that the sub/amp is hooked up, even when i turn the amp down completely the mids no longer have that same mid bass sound. Not sure whats going on there. My head unit still has the crossovers set the same.... Unless just connecting the RCA to the subwoofer output on the back of the head unit sends all low freqs to the subwoofer or what. But i dont like that. When my kids are in the car i turn the bass knob all the way off for the subwoofers, and it doesnt sound great without the mid bass i was getting before the subs and amp were installed. 

Archived